Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malwarebytes blocking unsolicited outgoing/incoming foreign traffic [S

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

AtomicSG

AtomicSG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
yeah and it works just fine with the key I have. My current install was done off of it

Advertisements

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
I would like you to make the slipstream disk, then try SFC. If that does not fix the issues, then I think that one of the techs might be able to help better than I can. I do believe that you are free of malware, and that this is a windows issue. Let's give SFC a crack, it's much easier than a reformat.

AtomicSG

AtomicSG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Again just wanted to post asking for this to not be closed yet. Please and thankyou. Still intend on following through just taking a little effort to find the time.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
No problem, thanks for letting me know.

AtomicSG

AtomicSG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
So just brought it up and only 3 icons loaded. Did a restart and it BSODed on me almost immediately apon restarting. First time ever with this install/hardware. Haven't done the disk yet but thought I'd inform of the behavior.

Edited by AtomicSG, 11 March 2013 - 08:26 PM.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Can you please zip up and attach the minidump file from that BSOD?

Please look in C:\Windows\Minidump to find the .dmp file. If there are more than one, please attach a few of the most recent files.

AtomicSG

AtomicSG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Pointless now. Installed a new hdd and now neither monitor will register signal from gpu or onboard. I've been advised by my roommate that opinion lies in my mobo being dead

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
That does sound like the motherboard, I just had one similiar from a friend. I did test the power supply first before declaring the motherboard as dead.

AtomicSG

AtomicSG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Everything powers on. Lights come on the mobo, case lights come on, drives spin up, fans all run

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
If you want, you should post in the hardware forum - one of the techs could walk you thru testing the MB, but it really looks to be dead to me too.
Sorry that I could not have been more help.

Advertisements

AtomicSG

AtomicSG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
New one ordered already. Thanks for the help you gave me. If nothing more at least it let me know my info wasn't being stolen so I'm not panicking and changing all my passwords

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
You are welcome. I am going to close this topic, but if you need more assistance, just PM (personal message) me and I will do what I can to help.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.