Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Updated to Windows 8 on HP Pavilion dv7t-6b00 CTO Quad Edition now wir

• Please log in to reply

dynrat

dynrat

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 on my laptop and now I have no wireless. I have tried several times updating the wireless driver, but it still won't work.

Computer Info:
HP Pavilion dv7t-6b00 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC
Intel core-i7
12G RAM

I've also had issues trying to install updates for the AMD graphics and Realtek PCIE card reader drivers.

Totally lost and I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Install the Chipset driver from the HP website.

Reboot and see how things are. Looks like all the drivers you may need are also there.

HP Pavilion dv7t-6b00 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC.JPG

What does Device Manager look like? What is flagged in yellow?

dynrat

dynrat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you for your response. I was finally able to get it working last night. I had tried several reboots as well as "installing" or "repairing" the drivers for the wireless adapter all with no success. Finally, last night I completely uninstalled the wireless drivers and then rebooted. Once I had rebooted I did a fresh install of the driver software for the adapter and rebooted again. This seems to have cleared up my problem. In case anyone else has this issue though I wanted to let you all know that I originally tried this with the drivers from the HP website and had no success. I was however able to get his approach to work when I used the drivers from the Intel website.

In case anyone wants to try...

Go to the Intel Driver Update site and run the detection utility
Once it identifies the driver for your specific wireless adapter download it
Run the installer
When prompted DO NOT choose "install" or "repair". Instead choose "remove".
Once the installer is finished reboot your computer
After the reboot run the installer you downloaded again and this time choose "install"
Once the installer is finished reboot your computer

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Well done, glad it's working and thank you for letting us know.