Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore Stops in the middle of recovery [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Acer2012

Acer2012

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All

I have Acer Aspire 5738PG laptop. The laptop was becoming very slow so I decided to make system factory default. I backup all my files to removable hard drive and insert Acer Recovery Disc 1. I restarted the laptop and pressed F2 and went to setup and under Boot selected CD/DVD as my 1st boot priority oder.

It opened up Graphic window "Acer eRecovery Management v(7.5.1.9) with three options : 1. Completelt Restore System to Factory Defaults 2. Restore Operating System and Retain User Data 3. Exit

I selected option 1 and I got warning " This will erase all existing data on Acer. Click OK to Continue or Cancel to abort" I cliked OK and it popped up the screen " Loading image files" and stucked on progess 14% for more than 10 min and gave message " Fail to copy the file to HDD. File : F:\Images\WOP0000345T823.SWM"

I tried more than 100 times and no success. There is no scratch on my CD and DVD used to work fine before. I have been unable to figure out what is happening.

Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Hello Acer2012,

Welcome to Geekstogo.

I assume your system is Win 7?

Not good I'm afraid. Check out the link below:

http://www.sevenforu...iling-copy.html

Similar problem. You may find something there that will help but I think it's a hard one.

My suggestion would be to take it to your provider if it is still under warrantee or to the repair shop if not.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.