Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to remove cookies in firefox?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

barnett468

barnett468

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
HELLO I apologize if this question ius in the wrong area I’m new here and have no clue how this works quite yet and know NOTHING about computers.

Basically I think I want to delete cookies so everytime I open the firefox browsers it will be free of all cookies or at least the cookies for 1 oarticular site.

I have a 2006 dell with windows xp and firefox version 5.0 and ie maybe 7.0?

I don’t think I can download anything because I still have to do some cleaning due to a previous zeroaccessrootkit virus. Most of it is gone but not all.

I want the computer to work like a library computer or kinko’s I guess.

Can I make the cookies disappear when I reopen the browser or do I have to turn off the computer every time.

I looked for the info online and found delete instructions for every firefox version EXCEPT 5.0.

PS- ie loads very slowly any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by barnett468, 14 February 2013 - 11:00 PM.

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

It would appear you are currently being assisted here for this machine. So my friendly advice is ask your current helper about such as creating a separate topic for the same machine/problems in this part of the forum is counter productive all told, thank you.

However, if in the event this is a different machine to the one I mentioned, merely contact myself(send a PM/private message) and I will gladly re-open this topic for you.