Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can win 7 32/64 bit can run old games?

• Please log in to reply

fahad619

fahad619

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Guys recently i am going to buy a new computer.Here is the config which would like this:
Processor:core i3 3rd gen/core i 5 2500k
Ram:8 gb ddr3 1600mhz
Graphics:ATI 7770/7850
I want to play those games which was released from 1995-2006.I know i can play latest game smoothly but i also want to play old games.Can this game can be run of this config smoothly or tell me which i can play?
Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Advertisements

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Guys recently i am going to buy a new computer.Here is the config which would like this:
Processor:core i3 3rd gen/core i 5 2500k
Ram:8 gb ddr3 1600mhz
Graphics:ATI 7770/7850
I want to play those games which was released from 1995-2006.I know i can play latest game smoothly but i also want to play old games.Can this game can be run of this config smoothly or tell me which i can play?
Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Hi there-you say that you "can play latest game smoothly" and I think with the graphics card and the 8GB RAM you have quite a powerful machine. Were there any game in particular from that era that you are particularly worried about?I can't imagine you would have any problems with the more recent games but the older ones may only be compatible with Windows 95 or Windows 98. It would depend on the game. Also you didn't say what sound card you have? Let us know thanks.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You say that you're running Windows 7 but which one?

32bit or 64bit?

You could also try running in XP mode but this would depend on the version of 7 that you have as it will only run on Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise.

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I should be receiving my new Windows 7 CDROM anyday now so I'll be trying to see if some very old games I have are compatible so I will let you know once I've tested them.