Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New gaming machine incoming. Tweaking help

• Please log in to reply

SHIROIRAKUEN

SHIROIRAKUEN

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yeah basically, I want this info before my laptop arrives. It's gonna be a gaming beast with a radeon 7970M dedicated(discrete) video card, 8Gb of RAM, windows 8, intel i7 3630QM & a 17.3-inch WideFHD 1920 x 1080 60Hz WLED screen.

I am a total n00b(almost total xD) when it comes to tweaking. I wanna basically know, from the time I turn on the laptop for the 1rst time till the end of the week, all the tweaks I should do in order to get my machine to run full potential for gaming.

Drivers update, BIOS tweaking, etc... I don't know jack squat about any of this, remember that... :/

So please, every tweak u can think of, that won't harm my pc, write it here & explain to me why I should do that.

PS : not sure if this changes anything but, I downloaded the "tweaking companion for Windows 8" from the famous "tweakguides" website written by the beast called Koroush Ghazi. I'm pretty sure all I need to know is in there, the only problem is... the pdf is almost as big as the bible :/ xDD

So basically what I ask, is that u guys shorten things for me...

Thank u very much.

Advertisements