Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me pretty please!

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Can I ask that you use the edit tab if you have something to add while you are waiting for a reply, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked and it does not fill up peoples inbox, thanks for understanding.

Under no circumstances select the optimized option as it can make the MB unstable.

What I would suggest now is that you at least try and get the OS installed with the set up that you have running at present, we can come back to the troubleshooting later, see below;

Please refer to your user manual for how exactly you should set up your MB, I have however provided you with the basics below

To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS
Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the appropriate button that allows you to access the BIOS (Del – F8 etc)
This will enter you into the BIOS/CMOS
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to DVD/ CD drive
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit.
Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

While you are in the BIOS you will also need to reset the time and date and again save the new settings (F10) and then Y to accept the changes.

Advertisements

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Oh and also the board is showing error code 64 which when I looked in the manual meant CPU DXE initialization is started. No clue what that means lol

This could mean you have a corrupted boot file..and you may have to format and re-install your OS..

your default question about boot to or re-boot to from your bio's almost sounds redundant.. I would say boot to defaults... Maybe this will cure the CPU DXE issue..

Phamiltonn82

Phamiltonn82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Oh I apologize for that PhillPower I will surely use the edit tab moving forward. Okay what I'll do now is while its on that "BIOS has been reset- Please decide how to continue" I'm just going to power off the machine because I do not have the harddrive and DVD drive hooked up yet. It's a good thing I waited because I was seconds away from just hitting the "Load optimize defaults then reboot" option.

Veeg - I think the reason it has that code is because I don't have the harddrive hooked up. I'm going to power everything off, hook up the DVD and Harddrive and then boot it up again to install the OS

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Sounds like a plan and thanks :thumbsup:

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Oh I apologize for that PhillPower I will surely use the edit tab moving forward. Okay what I'll do now is while its on that "BIOS has been reset- Please decide how to continue" I'm just going to power off the machine because I do not have the harddrive and DVD drive hooked up yet. It's a good thing I waited because I was seconds away from just hitting the "Load optimize defaults then reboot" option.

Veeg - I think the reason it has that code is because I don't have the harddrive hooked up. I'm going to power everything off, hook up the DVD and Harddrive and then boot it up again to install the OS

As per your question while ago,yes please connect the monitor if you have not already..

Phamiltonn82

Phamiltonn82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
OKay so I hooked up the DVD drive and I put in the Windows 7 disc and I also hooked up my SSD drive. Now when I turn it on though the cpu fan is on but the other fans aren't. Any clue what I did wrong?

Edit: Like an idiot I forgot to plug the connector back in when I added the extra fan. I'm at the BIOS screen and I'm about to enter BIOS and change the boot settings and the date and time like you said PhillPower

Edited by Phamiltonn82, 17 February 2013 - 12:22 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Which other fans?

If you mean the case fans how are they powered direct from the PSU or fan headers on the MB.

Ok install your OS and then your chipset drivers etc from the disk provided with the MB, let us know when this is done please.

While the OS is installing have a close inspection of the case for anything that may have been causing a system short, this includes the I/O backplate at the rear of the case which must be correctly fitted.

We can come back to assembling the hardware inside the case when all hardware has been tested.

Phamiltonn82

Phamiltonn82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
OKay windows 7 is loading as I type!!!! :D :D :D :D Thank you so much again guys!!!! Now the final part that's racking my brain is how I'm going to put it in the case and have it still work. Any ideas?? It's so weird that it won't work inside my case but it'll work outside of it.

Phamiltonn82

Phamiltonn82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Okay so Windows 7 64bit is installed! What do you think should be my next step? I have driver cd's here for the GTX 670 FTW videocard, the cd for the Samsung SSD drive, and the cd for the motherboard itself? Should I install these? If so, should I install them in a certain order??

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Please refer to my reply #22.

I see that you have double post again :whistling:

Advertisements

Phamiltonn82

Phamiltonn82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Doh!!! I'm sorry for double posting again I didn't even notice I did it. I'm just on cloud 9 at the fact that my build is finally coming together thanks to you guys. It wasn't intentional I apologize again. To be honest I posted something before and it disappeared so I hope it doesn't show up out of nowhere in the form of another double post :S And sorry for missing your post I apologize for asking again.

I've finished installing Windows, the motherboard drivers, the video card drivers and the Samsung SSD drivers.

Now I'm on to tacking this motherboard not wanting to work in my case issue. The installation guide that came with this case is horrendous to say the least. Its a NZXT Phantom 410 and I have the slightest clue as to why the mobo doesn't work in it :S

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
No worries I understand <_<

Have you inserted the second stick of Ram and checked the inside of the case for anything that could cause a system short, making sure that there is only the nine case stand offs in place that correspond with the nine mounting screws on the MB is one vital check.

Phamiltonn82

Phamiltonn82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yes I have inserted the second RAM stick onto the motherboard and to be honest I can't spot anything that would cause a short. How is a short caused? Also there are 9 holes in the motherboard for screws and there are multiple holes on the actual case for screws, more than the motherboard so what I did was I screwed the standoffs onto the case that correspond and match to the holes on the motherboard itself and nothing :S

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Yes I have inserted the second RAM stick onto the motherboard and to be honest I can't spot anything that would cause a short. How is a short caused? Also there are 9 holes in the motherboard for screws and there are multiple holes on the actual case for screws, more than the motherboard so what I did was I screwed the standoffs onto the case that correspond and match to the holes on the motherboard itself and nothing :S

One of those holes is not insulated then,make sure you have an insulated hole before putting the screws in..

Phamiltonn82

Phamiltonn82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I'm sorry I'm not too familiar with cases and standoffs and ground and stuff. WHat does an insulated hole mean and look like???

Any help guys?? Please I'm so close and I'm afraid to try it because I don't want to fry the motherboard

Edited by Phamiltonn82, 17 February 2013 - 02:24 PM.