Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Belkin not allowing Internet connection

• Please log in to reply

Jerry676767

Jerry676767

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an unusual problem. I use an Ethernet cable from wall to computer for Internet access. Last year I added a Router and have had no problems. Today I purchased new Dual-Band Belkin to Upgrade from old N100 Netgear.

I turned the power off to everything, then unplugged my Netgear and Replugged in my new Belkin. When I turned everything back on, I had no Internet connection. I trouble shot things for a while and finally went to the most basic step of removing the Router altogether and plugging my Ethernet from wall to computer. I was shocked that there was STILL no Internet access. I tried new cables and trouble shot getting my Internet back on WITHOUT the Router. I still ad no success.

Finally, out of frustration and "what do I have to lose?" I hooked up my old N100 Netgear again and everything works like a charm! How can my Internet NOT work when I run my Ethernet directly from the wall to my computer? But, my Internet IS working when I run my Ethernet from my wall to Netgear to computer? And yet, this same connection I have on my Netgear does not work on my new Belkin?!!!

None of his makes sense to me and I would appreciate any insight on how to get my Belkin up and running.

Thanks!

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
:welcome:

Might be as simple as opening your device manager and un installing your network drivers and rebooting.

Jerry676767

Jerry676767

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I will give it a try...thanks for the idea!

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
ok let me know as there are other steps that can be taken. ;)
I