Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer won't boot

• Please log in to reply

BonbonRose

BonbonRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi,

My computer opened!!! I missed the F12 button, this check-screen appeared then rebooted and opened.
Posted Image

But while it's open this showed and I had to reboot
Posted Image
Afterwards these two notifications appeared:
Posted Image

Posted Image

As for the steps you gave me.. all were done after the computer was "fixed"
1. In Partition Wizard the "Check File System" option was grayed (PS: Also before the pc was fixed)
2. This is the Surface Test:

Posted Image

3.I had to do the Hard Disk Sentinel test twice because the first photo file was corrupt; but in the first test the "Health" was 90 and the hard disk status was not perfect.. That I could remember. The second test was done after the computer was fixed.

Posted Image

4. Hiren's USB worked well, If I may say so. Also I ran FRST and here is the log

5. I did an extra step just to put my mind at rest :D
I scanned the computer using Avira Rescue CD but there was something wrong so I did it twice here are the reports: First one and the second.

Advertisements

masterking

masterking

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I would reply as soon I analyze the logs.

BonbonRose

BonbonRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Did you forget about me again?

masterking

masterking

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Can you log in to Safe Mode without getting BOSD now. If you can, please try the following steps.

Step 1:Restore System
Navigate to the Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools program group.
Click on the System Restore program icon.
Click Next > on the Restore system files and settings window.
Choose the restore point that you want to use.

Step 2 : Click Start, type RegEdit and press ENTER to open Registry Editor.2.
Browse any of the following locations:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV3.
Double click the DWORD named Start.4. Enter 0 value.5.
Browse: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Double click the string named AppInit_Dlls delete the value and press OK.
Close the Registry Editor.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I moved iBenny's posts back into his thread and sent a PM as to why.

iBenny

iBenny

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi BonbonRose,

it is unclear how you manadge to restore your PC. Can you give more precisions please ?

Regards

iBenny

BonbonRose

BonbonRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi,

Concerning the "System Restore", is it going to erase my files I added since that particular restore point? I've been searching to know more, but I got nothing. Some say it will not affect the files others say a back-up is needed. Specially that I'm going too far back in time.

Hi BonbonRose,

it is unclear how you manadge to restore your PC. Can you give more precisions please ?

Regards

iBenny

Hi iBenny,

It's bean going back and forth.. This screen appeared to me before few times but the last time the computer didn't boot I thought it's dead. But suddenly as I said it started to work again.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
A System Restore will not affect your files. It only touches operating system files and the registry.

It's always good to do a backup before any major change to the system but it's not a requirement in this case.

iBenny

iBenny

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
You (and I) have a STOP: 0x00000050 error. Have a look here !

iBenny

BonbonRose

BonbonRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi,

Sorry for late reply; I've been away this past time.

The system restore couldn't be performed. I tried few times but every time I got to the same end: the system restore cannot be performed. Even I got this attached photo at one time.
Sadly this means I couldn't do the second step as well.

PS: I don't know if this is normal or not but every time I open the Restore system files and settings window, I find that the previous restore point is (not bolded) not a restore point any more.

Ztruker, thank you : )
iBenny, I didn't read this article yet but thank you : )

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-04-03_030709(2).jpg

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You've been working on this since 2/19. It's time to save your data and do a Clean Install of XP.
Do you have the XP Install CD? I would think you would since it's a custom built machine.

If so, backup any data you don't want to lose then follow these directions: How to Reformat and Reinstall your Operating System

iBenny

iBenny

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
My problems have been solved by reseating my memory modules (swapped them) ! Maybe you should give it a try ! Be sure to hear the clicks when reseating them in the slots...

iBenny

Edited by iBenny, 08 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

BonbonRose

BonbonRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
It worth trying, iBenny; Thank you.

Ok. I know I exhausted you with my problem but one last question. Could this problem be because of frequent power failures?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Frequent power failures can cause all kinds of problems, file system corruption to hardware failure. You should look into installing a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) that will allow you to safely shutdown the computer when a power failure occurs.

Here are some examples: Amazon.com - Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)

BonbonRose

BonbonRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi,

Actually I've been looking into this since the problem started. but I got caught up in it. Now that the computer is on, it's time to roll up my sleeves ;)

Thank you all for your help and time :)