Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

random episodes of bsod (tcpip.sys) PLZ HELP!

• Please log in to reply

emh1989

emh1989

• Pip
  • 5 posts
It randomly does it when Im watching movies or playing computer games. I use windows 7 64bit.
Any help would be appreciated.

Heres the dmp files if this helps at all.

Attached Files

Edited by emh1989, 18 February 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Advertisements

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
My link For BlueScreenViewwill help "humanize" the error code and hex robot talk LOL. I haven't used it yet just wanted to send you a helpful link. If you want to post the report i can look at it and see if i notice anything but I'm in training as you can tell, just wanted to help. You probally need debugging tools enabled to use the tool find here My link I would use the standalone option. Again Ive never used the tool AND I'M not able to do a test right now.

emh1989

emh1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks heres the report if you can take a look

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/NirSoft/BlueScreenView/report.html

Edited by emh1989, 19 February 2013 - 03:50 PM.

emh1989

emh1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bump help plz

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
try opening a cmd prompt as administrator and typing sfc /scannow this will scan your system files and attempt to repair any damaged files. in device manager see if anything is red X'd or flaged. Post any bad devices in reply. Update windows and update any drivers that are outdated. You can also re-install you tcp/ip stack by typing netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt resetlog.txt part should tell windows to save a log of what happened under resetlog.txt in C: drive. Be away that this will reinstall your stack back to defaults so any programs/devices that have added settings to the stack may be affected. Research ahead of time to ensure the changes you make are ok for you. Your last post did not include any translated dump files so this is just a general trouble shoot, and as before mentioned i am new so i would take my advice with a grain of salt, and back up your files before doing anything. Gl!

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
the blue screen vie log should be a .txt so you can copy and paste if its small or attach for larger files, those there is a limit to attachments on this forum probably under terms of use. TY

emh1989

emh1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It told me no files were damaged when I put the command in the prompt like you said. How can I translate the dump files to better indicate what I have to do to fix them?

Edited by emh1989, 21 February 2013 - 10:23 PM.

emh1989

emh1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
^^

Attached Files

• Attached File  Dump.zip   897.09KB   126 downloads

Edited by emh1989, 21 February 2013 - 10:40 PM.

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Bluescreenview will translate the .dump file, so will debugging tools from windows. I cannot read you logs for some reason but i can offer some help. My link is a similar problem on this forum if the probelm you saw was related to tcp/ip.sys.I would also make sure your computer is fully updated as related issues have been patched in the past by microsoft. To check the status of your tcp/ip.sys driver type Go Start>Run, type in:
devmgmt.msc
Click OK.
than under the view tab check show hidden devices, than scroll down to network adapters click, scroll down to non plug and play devices and check each respectively for any error messages: Message orientated tcp/ip... , Tcp protocol driver , tcp registry compatibility. If any of these are corrupted you going to need to reinstall. Microsoft website will help, normally just type in the driver and a download pops up, or i'm sure there are driver websites but beware of third party. YOu can sometimes also do scansfor faulty driverson manufacturers website with you make and model number. If this doesn't help try reinstalling your tcp/ip stack. I supplied a command line input for this in my first reply. If this doesn't work and you cant get your logs from bluescreen view i would suggest staring a new topic and letting another helper assist as like i said i am new- LOL gl!!!!

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
*and by reinstall i meant the drivers not your system just to be clear

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
if there are logs in bluescreenview which there should be, copy and paste the the ones from the last 2 weeks into word or notepad and post into reply.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Every single one of the crashes is pointing to the intelppm.sys driver.

Might try Using the intel auto updater.
http://www.intel.com.../support/detect

But from my re-search this is usually a hardware related error but that is not written in stone.