Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't factory reset my Acer netbook?

• Please log in to reply

HarryB95

HarryB95

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have tried to factory reset my netbook (Windows 7 Home Basic)many ways. If I press alt F10 at start up and I go to Acer eRecovery management, then go to factory reset bit, the all the option button appear grey with no hyperlink. The same thing happens if I press F8 at start up.
So then I went onto eRecovery management, then 'Restore' when my netbook had loaded up, and tried to factory reset this way. However, then I got a notice saying 'Hard drive configuration is not set to the factory default. Restore aborted.' So then I went to BIOS to fix the problem, by clicking 'Main' and then needing to enable D2D recovery. However, it had already been enabled, thereofore this solution had not worked either.

It's annoying me so much, and I am desperately in need of a solution.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hello Harry and welcome to Geeks To Go.

Apart from the Restore issue it sounds like you can run the machine perfectly well and if this is the case then may I ask if you can kindly post a screen shot of what it shows in Disk Management please.