Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer runs in slow motion when watching internet videos and speakin

• Please log in to reply

bluebeen

bluebeen

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
For the past couple of months my computer runs in slow motion when video calling on skype or watching videos on line and even sometimes when listening to the radio online. I read in a previous post about a similar issue and they recommended downloading speedfan to test their system. I have done the same thing and need some advice on what the results are telling me. Is it affecting the performance of my computer?

My computer is a Samsung DP-U350.

My system is running:
windows 7 home premium service pack 1
4GB RAM
1000GB HDD
64 Bit operating system

I have AVG Internet Security 2012 running.

When running the speedfan i had outlook, firefox, IE9 running with AVG in the background.

I have attached a screen shot of the speedfan results and would appreciate any assistance.

Attached Thumbnails

• speedfan.jpg

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
bluebeen

Welcome to Geeks to Go.

The temps do seem a little high, as indicated by the flame icon, as against the green arrow.
The 83 is the graphics processing, seems perhaps a little high for such a low load.
HD0 is the hard drive and as you see that is OK.
Temp 1 and 2 whilst we know they are sensors on the motherboard, we have no idea what they are reading.
Core 0 and Core 1 is the Central Processing Unit - again perhaps a little high on low load.

Would you please run HW Monitor the free edition and send the screenshot, as on the link, but with all possible + signs expanded.

http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

The download is to the right of the link screen below HW Monitor pro

Edited by Macboatmaster, 20 February 2013 - 11:23 AM.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
hi,

attached screenshot as requested show HW monitor. Hopefully you know what it all means.

Attached Thumbnails

• hwmonitor.jpg

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Would you now use the graphics please, as you are when you say there is a problem.

Watching video etc.

Then re open HW Monitor and get me a comparison.
72C on the core seems a little high when it is not doing anything, you will note the max on the other was 82C

The Thermal cut off is about 90C, at which it will shut down, to protect itself

Edited by Macboatmaster, 20 February 2013 - 12:15 PM.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i'll give it a go. It might be a bit difficult because when the slow motion starts the mouse freezes up and when the slow motion stops the mouse has a mind of its own trying to catch up with the commands and movements i have tried to make during the slow motion. I'll post something as soon as i can.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
OKAY lets try something else.

Samsung are about the worst site I know for providing any useful information for their computers.

http://www.samsung.c.../DP-U350-PA01UK

Indeed I have just been to the site and opened the troubleshooter link and it tells me to look at Microsoft - very helpful indeed.

What you need to do and I cannot even find any guidance on it is, if possible open the case and see if you have dust and dirt build up on the fans and especially the cooling fins of the central processing unit.

When a CPU approaches its temp limits it automatically switches to low power.

I do not know the computer whatsoever and can find no useful information at all

Edited by Macboatmaster, 20 February 2013 - 01:06 PM.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i tried recreating the problem but it didnt work this time, typical. the temperature got to 91. I will have a look at taking the back of the computer and report back tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Would you please do this while you find the time to check the cleanliness of the inside.

Disable AVG web Monitor I think it is called. see they have renamed it AVG accelerator - IMHO it may well do the opposite

Accelerates web experience

For the ultimate video-viewing experience

If you spend time on YouTube you’re going to like this. Faster smoother video streaming – who doesn’t want that?
You get: AVG Accelerator
Maximizes connection speeds and the download of binary data to deliver faster, smoother video streaming. Dramatically enhances the experience of YouTube videos.

Please do not be annoyed but that AVG Internet Security 2012 is so bloated  with additional features that it is causing all manner of problems.

I still think especially with 91C that you should check ASAP

Edited by Macboatmaster, 20 February 2013 - 02:14 PM.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Was unable to get the back off the computer. Its an all in-one screen type thing with the computer bit on the back off the screen. Manged to get all the screws out but the back stayed on and i dint want to force it. Couldn't find anything online on how to remove back either. Any way i vacuumed through the vents and disabled the AVG accelerator. temperatures are still high with lots of applications running, performance is better and i've been unable to recreate the problem. I'm going to leave the monitor open all day while using the computer and i'll report back this evening. Just a thought, on other types of computer you can hear the and see the fan but on this computer i cant see of hear it. Just wondered if it had a fan? i cant find anything on the internet about it having a fan.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Managed to recreate the problem and have attached the monitor screen shot. The problem only lasted for a few seconds a lot less than usual. The next thing i'm going to try is making a video call on skype.

Attached Thumbnails

• hwmonitor1.jpg

Advertisements

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi AlbertBarkley. Thanks for you response, but what do you mean?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

Couldn't find anything online on how to remove back either

I know because I had already searched

I do not know the computer whatsoever and can find no useful information at all

It is most certainly going to have a fan somewhere, but how to get to the CPU fan and cooling fins is a question I think that only someone who knows the computer or Samsung, if you can get an answer from them will be able to answer.

If it were me, I would uninstall AVG, whilst I appreciate you may have paid for it, it is not IN MY OPINION, the best, it is full of those so called performance enhancers, when all you really want is a good anti-virus

If you have paid for it, you can, presuming you have your key reinstall it, if you do not notice a difference. Were the vents visibly dirty

If you decide to try uninstall AVG via Control Panel, Programs and features, and then run this

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities

the 64 bit one

Then download this

http://windows.micro...ls-all-versions

English 64 bit.

Check that it has installed OK and the first scan will take sometime, other scans will be quick. You only need the quick scan, unless that finds something when it is then advisable to follow with a full scan

Also check that Windows Firewall is now enabled in Control Panel and Security

I feel reasonably certain you will notice the difference in performance.

However you still need to keep an eye on those temps

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
bluebeen

I could not understand that your PC is creating problem or Monitor?

I tend to think

Hi AlbertBarkley. Thanks for you response, but what do you mean?

that my colleague did not realise it was an all-in-one.

However an easy mistake as I did NOT at first
The home PC can be found in a wide range of styles, becoming more popular are all-in one style system such as the Samsung DP-U350, which has the PC components built inside the touchscreen monitor case,

Edited by Macboatmaster, 21 February 2013 - 06:58 AM.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
All the links to Microsoft Security Essentials on the microsoft website dont work. Any ideas?

Edited by bluebeen, 21 February 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
They do on my computer you select the OS on the windows version and then click the download link.

What language do you want.

I know you want Windows 7 64 bit

APOLOGIES just checked further by actually trying it - only went so far before as up tp actual download
SORRY will come back to you

Edited by Macboatmaster, 21 February 2013 - 11:18 AM.