Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help! Ran Registry Cleaner, no working links - can't inst

• Please log in to reply

xinih

xinih

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently bought my computer, and utterly forgot to install anti-virus software. It's been 2 months, and I sensed I had some malware on my computer (programs were acting wanky).

I attempted to install AVG Anti-Virus, and kept getting an error during installation, but was able to install Avast, and ran a scan. Nothing showed up on the scan.

I bought the entire software package by AVS4U (mainly for video/audio editing, but it came with a Registry Cleaner). I did a backup first, and ran a full scan, and after the scan, the links in my Start Menu, Desktop, File Explorer all don't work now. I have to manually go to the software location in the computer to boot it and access my files through there.

I tried to a system restore through AVS' Registry Cleaner software with no luck (Kept getting errors again).

Please help me! I've contacted AVG and they want to charge me $200 for computer assistance, but can't afford that at all.

I would really appreciate any assistance in this matter. Thank you!

Please see attached as screenshot of the

Attached Thumbnails

• AVS-registry-clean-error-screenshot.jpg

Advertisements