Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD Burner Wont Read Blank Cds

• Please log in to reply

Copamex

Copamex

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I use to be able to put any blank cdr or blank dvdr. And, my computer would read them. But, now i bought some new blank cds n dvds n my cd drive wont read them

Advertisements

RCTJ

RCTJ

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
-I am no computer geek but...

-Try Burning CDs/DVDs with Nero Burning Rom. That happened to me. My PC wouldn't read my blank CDs/DVDs. But Nero could read & Burn them.

I ran this on Windows 98 though...

It will run on your OS

You can download Nero Burning Rom Trial HERE

-RCTJ :tazz:

masteranubis

masteranubis

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've had a similar experience but only when using Memorex discs. I would try the same disc is multiple burners with out any luck. I would then put another brand in one of the same burners and it would read and burn with out any problem.

Copamex

Copamex

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tryed Nero burning rom n it didnt work

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I had the same problem with Memorex. Not one out of 5 cdrw would format. I've also had trouble with Verbatim. K-Hypermedia seems to work best for me.....