Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardisk Problem (Bad sector and Corrupt partition)

• Please log in to reply

ash004

ash004

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Well , i got a client at work which got a Hard with a lot of Bad section and currupt paritions what are the best way to fix this? Does he really need to change the Hdd or can we use some software to fix it i mean fix all the error and all? because the problem is this make his laptop because really slow and this is a dell laptop, i need to find a solution for it, i had check on google some Hdd fix up software, but i would like to have some Opinion first , I had already make the backup, of the Hdd need to fix the problem now, some Help will be nice :wacko:

Advertisements

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hello

Spinrite 6.0 may be an option..but it hasn't been updated since 2004...

Here is a link... http://www.grc.com/cs/prepurch.htm

Other than that you may have to replace the HDD.. I will see if i can find any more HDD repair software..

ash004

ash004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Hello

Spinrite 6.0 may be an option..but it hasn't been updated since 2004...

Here is a link... http://www.grc.com/cs/prepurch.htm

Other than that you may have to replace the HDD.. I will see if i can find any more HDD repair software..

Ok thanks for this i will have a look 2morrow

ash004

ash004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Btw did someone try HDD Regenerator 1.71 > ? I heard its better than spinrite before using it into client computer i wanted to get some feedback

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You may wish to consider this Rule from the Geeks To Go Terms of Use Ash...

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

ash004

ash004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

You may wish to consider this Rule from the Geeks To Go Terms of Use Ash...

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

That is also for my personal learning if you would had Look at my info you would had found about my interest man, so i think I am justify now