Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webpages load very slowly or not at all.

• Please log in to reply

dzwiss

dzwiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I was able to delete that folder. The name of the folder appeared to have some symbols I have never seen before and a couple of Chinese looking characters too. The way it appears here when I pasted it looks much different.

I ran a 3rd party scan with Gmer as requested, but it seems too large output to copy and paste here. I will attach the notepad file if that is acceptable.

Advertisements

dzwiss

dzwiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Here is the txt file of that scan

Attached Files

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
I'll check it out.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Only picked up one mystery driver SerEmulVsp, which turns out to be "SerEmul for DeLorme Serial Emulator", a driver related to your GPS device. I admit I also posted that to make the info available to web searches. Kinda difficult to figure out.

I would like to ask you to uninstall Security Essentials. Reboot, then run this tool, and reboot again. Then try ComboFix again please. Safe Mode if it fails normal mode.

dzwiss

dzwiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I uninstalled Security Essentials and then ran that tool without any trouble. I tried ComboFix again in both normal and safe modes and still had the same results. It would hang about a minute or two into the scan with no sign of further activity that I can see. I did let it sit through the night to see if it could work its out of it, but no joy. Thank you very very much for this effort, this is greatly appreciated and I hope we can get this solved.

I would like to add that there are a couple of web-services that are not functioning well or intermittently. I have a couple of external devices that attached via USB port and connect to webpage to upload recorded data. It will either fail, or run very slowly, or on rare occasions, work fine. I am not sure if this is related but I thought I would tell you. All of these problems seemed to have started around Feb 7th or 8th and at first I thought it was poor connection due to the weather at the time. But since then the problems have lingered so I ruled out the ISP or connection.

dzwiss

dzwiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
duplicate post deleted

Edited by dzwiss, 27 February 2013 - 11:31 AM.

dzwiss

dzwiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
duplicate post deleted

Edited by dzwiss, 27 February 2013 - 11:32 AM.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
On 2/8 you installed something from thisMy link vendor. Detect_USB shows in your installed list. I am not familiar with it.