Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Various Viruses! (msvcr71.dll missing & Windows not responding

• Please log in to reply

Jonny_Wit

Jonny_Wit

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey Guys,

I think this is well overdue but the latest problem has really made me look for solutions.
Firstly, when trying to install a game it has come up with the following
"The program can't start because msvcr71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem"
This comes after every time I scroll through "My Documents" it comes up with Windows Explorer is not responding.
My laptop isn't too old but full of various bugs and issues I think and it would be great (with your help) to get it from a 3/10 performance to at least a 7/10!

Thanks in advance,

Jonny

Advertisements

Jonny_Wit

Jonny_Wit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey,

One other thing I think I should note is that every time my computer goes into stand-by mode i've recently had to troubleshoot my Wi-Fi anf have to Apply the Fix to turn my Wi-Fi back on.

I also tried doing a HijackThis scan but it came up with the following message;

"For some reason your system denied write access to the Host file. If any hijacked domains are in this file, HijackThis may NOT be able to fix this. 4

If that happens, you need to edit the file yourself. To do this, click Start, Run and type:
notepad C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
and press Enter. Find the lines HijackThis reports and delete them. Save the file as 'hosts' and reboot"

Thank you!!!