Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS security essentials will not download

• Please log in to reply

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
After having problems with Norton on my older computer I have decided not to run it on this one. My windows 7 computer came with Norton Trial pre-installed. I uninstalled it. After reading in this forum that Security essentials was highly recommended I tried downloading it. It will not download and says that the file is corrupt. What should I do? Thanks!

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Run the Norton removal tool reboot and then try MSE.
http://www.majorgeek...Tool_d4749.html

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I installed this but I can find no trace of norton in the programs that pop up. This program has also changed my font size and swapped over my my search engine to Delta. Security Essentials still wont run and still says that the file is corrupt. Did I do something wrong?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

I installed this but I can find no trace of norton in the programs that pop up. This program has also changed my font size and swapped over my my search engine to Delta. Security Essentials still wont run and still says that the file is corrupt. Did I do something wrong?

I am certain you downloaded the wrong program.
You should perform a system restore.

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
How do I do that and will it erase my files/programs or whatever? I used the link on your post. I don't know if I hit the wrong button or what...

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
System restore.
http://windows.micro.../system-restore

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
OK. I restored it and Norton reappeared. I went back to the link you provided and sure enough, I downloaded the wrong link the first time. I ran the right link and the computer will not uninstall "Norton on line backup". I went into the control panel and tried uninstalling it and it is running me through a loop. It ask if I want to uninstall the program and I confirm Yes, then it ask if I will allow Norton to keep my computer updated and I say No, then it ask if I want to uninstall the program.... What next?

Edited by chuckgibson, 23 February 2013 - 06:52 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Try and remove it from program files with the tool below.
  • Download aswclear.exe on your desktop
  • http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
  • Start Windows in Safe Mode
  • Open (execute) the uninstall utility( Vista Win 7 User's Need to Right Click and Run as Admin.)
  • Locate the file or folder which you would like to remove/delete.
  • With the search button. [...]
  • After hitting the search button go to C: then Program Files
  • (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
  • Click Uninstall.
  • You will be prompted for a reboot.
  • Restart your computer.

Note you may need to repeat the process if there are subfolders in the norton folder.

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I must be doing something wrong. It is only allowing me to uninstall www.avast.com. It appears that the link is to uninstall their own software. Is there another trick to it?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Yes this tool can also be used to remove other programs as well.
Can you re read the instructions please.

If you hit the search button. [...]

After hitting the search button go to C: then Program Files.

I almost forgot can you remove it from add remove programs?

Advertisements

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I went into the control panel and tried uninstalling it and it is running me through a loop. It ask if I want to uninstall the program and I confirm Yes, then it ask if I will allow Norton to keep my computer updated and I say No, then it ask if I want to uninstall the program.... What next?
[/quote]

OK. No luck. I might also mention that everytime I download this or the other program you recommended a message pops up at the bottom of the screen saying how dangerous it is loading these programs and get this....the message has the Norton logo on it even though I am not using Norton. The first time that I went in I found Norton on the windows{x86} list and tried to uninstall it. It still came up the same when I hit the start button. After that it seems to be hidden. I swear, I think Norton is like a virus! If you have any other ideas I can try I will be back later, I have a valve job going in the driveway I have to complete. {I am obviously better at turning bolts than I am at pushing buttons}lol
Thanks for your help!

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok lets do this.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc
http://download.sysi...es/Autoruns.zip
Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
OK. Got it. I hope this works as I have never done this....

Edited by chuckgibson, 25 February 2013 - 08:25 PM.

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
It does not appear that the attachment is showing up so here is a copy and paste... I hope this will work...

"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms" "" "" ""
+ "rdpclip" "" "" "File not found: rdpclip"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "HotKeysCmds" "hkcmd Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe"
+ "IgfxTray" "igfxTray Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe"
+ "Persistence" "persistence Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe"
+ "RTHDVCPL" "Realtek HD Audio Manager" "Realtek Semiconductor" "c:\program files\realtek\audio\hda\ravcpl64.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "Adobe ARM" "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager" "Adobe Systems Incorporated" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\adobearm.exe"
+ "Hotkey Utility" "Hotkey Utility" "" "c:\program files (x86)\gateway\hotkey utility\hotkeyutility.exe"
+ "Intuit SyncManager" "IntuitSyncManager" "Intuit Inc. All rights reserved." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\intuit\sync\intuitsyncmanager.exe"
+ "Norton Online Backup" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Norton Online Backup\NOBuClient.exe"
+ "RemoteControl10" "PowerDVD RC Service" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\pdvd10serv.exe"
+ "USB3MON" "Intel® USB 3.0 Monitor" "Intel Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel® usb 3.0 extensible host controller driver\application\iusb3mon.exe"
"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" "" "" ""
+ "QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk" "QuickBooks Automatic Update" "Intuit Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\intuit\quickbooks\qbupdate\qbupdate.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" ""
+ "Microsoft Windows" "Windows Mail" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows mail\winmail.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" ""
+ "Microsoft Windows" "Windows Mail" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows mail\winmail.exe"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "NBShellHook Class" "Nero BackItUp" "Nero AG" "c:\program files (x86)\nero\nero 10\nero backitup\nbshell.dll"
+ "NeroShellExt Class" "Nero Burning ROM Shell Extension" "Nero AG" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\nero\neroshellext\neroshellext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Directory\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "NeroShellExt Class" "Nero Burning ROM Shell Extension" "Nero AG" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\nero\neroshellext\neroshellext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "Gadgets" "Sidebar droptarget" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows sidebar\sbdrop.dll"
+ "igfxcui" "igfxpph Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxpph.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "Gadgets" "Sidebar droptarget" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows sidebar\sbdrop.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Folder\Shellex\ColumnHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "PDF Shell Extension" "PDF Shell Extension" "Adobe Systems, Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\pdfshell.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "NBShellHook Class" "Nero BackItUp" "Nero AG" "c:\program files (x86)\nero\nero 10\nero backitup\nbshell.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "NBShellHook" "Nero BackItUp" "Nero AG" "c:\program files (x86)\nero\nero 10\nero backitup\nbshell.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" ""
+ "Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Login Helper" "Microsoft Corp." "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\windowslivelogin.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" ""
+ "Adobe PDF Link Helper" "Adobe PDF Helper for Internet Explorer" "Adobe Systems Incorporated" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\acroiehelpershim.dll"
+ "Bing Bar Helper" "Bing Client Extensions" "Microsoft Corporation." "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\bingbar\bingext.dll"
+ "Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Login Helper" "Microsoft Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\windowslivelogin.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar" "" "" ""
+ "Bing" "Bing Client Extensions" "Microsoft Corporation." "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\bingbar\bingext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions" "" "" ""
+ "&Blog This in Windows Live Writer" "Windows Live Writer Blog This Extension" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\writer\writerbrowserextension.dll"
+ "Add to Evernote 4" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\EvernoteIE.dll/204"
"Task Scheduler" "" "" ""
+ "\DeviceDetector" "MediaEspresso DeviceDetector" "CyberLink" "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\mediaespresso\devicedetector\devicedetector.exe"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows Defender\MP Scheduled Scan" "Microsoft Malware Protection Command Line Utility" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpcmdrun.exe"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows Live\SOXE\Extractor Definitions Update Task" "Windows Live Social Object Extractor Engine" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\soxe\wlsoxe.dll"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\NetTrace\GatherNetworkInfo" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\gathernetworkinfo.vbs"
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Media Sharing\UpdateLibrary" "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration Application" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpnscfg.exe"
+ "\Norton Internet Security\Norton Error Analyzer" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\19.9.1.14\SymErr.exe"
+ "\UALU notificatin" "ALURecover" "Acer Incorporated" "c:\program files\gateway\gateway updater\ualu.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "AdobeARMservice" "Adobe Acrobat Updater keeps your Adobe software up to date." "Adobe Systems Incorporated" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\armsvc.exe"
+ "BBSvc" "Keeps Bing Bar up-to-date. Disabling this service might prevent updates and expose your computer to security vulnerabilities or functional flaws in Bing Bar." "Microsoft Corporation." "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\bingbar\bbsvc.exe"
+ "BBUpdate" "Enables the detection, download and installation of up-to-date configuration files for Bing Bar. Also provides server communication for the customer experience improvement program. Stopping or disabling this service may prevent you from getting the latest updates for Bing Bar, which may expose your computer to security vulnerabilities or functional flaws in the Bing Bar." "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\bingbar\seaport.exe"
+ "cphs" "Intel® Content Protection HECI Service - enables communication with the Content Protection FW" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\syswow64\intelcphecisvc.exe"
+ "GamesAppService" "WT Games App Services" "WildTangent, Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\wildtangent games\app\gamesappservice.exe"
+ "GREGService" "Global Registration Service" "Acer Incorporated" "c:\program files (x86)\gateway\registration\gregsvc.exe"
+ "IAStorDataMgrSvc" "Provides storage event notification and manages communication between the storage driver and user space applications." "Intel Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel® rapid storage technology\iastordatamgrsvc.exe"
+ "Intel® Capability Licensing Service Interface" "Version: 1.23.605.1" "Intel® Corporation" "c:\program files\intel\icls client\heciserver.exe"
+ "jhi_service" "Intel® Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service - Allows applications to access the local Intel ® DAL" "Intel Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel® management engine components\dal\jhi_service.exe"
+ "Live Updater Service" "Updater Service" "Acer Incorporated" "c:\program files\gateway\gateway updater\updaterservice.exe"
+ "LMS" "Allows applications to access the local Intel® Management and Security Application using its locally-available selected network interfaces." "Intel Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel® management engine components\lms\lms.exe"
+ "NAUpdate" "Provides access to Nero application updates and manages Nero applications." "Nero AG" "c:\program files (x86)\nero\update\nasvc.exe"
+ "NOBU" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Norton Online Backup\NOBuAgent.exe"
+ "QBCFMonitorService" "QuickBooks Company File Monitoring Service" "Intuit" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\intuit\quickbooks\qbcfmonitorservice.exe"
+ "QBFCService" "QuickBooks FCS module" "Intuit Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\intuit\quickbooks\fcs\intuit.quickbooks.fcs.exe"
+ "SkypeUpdate" "Enables the detection, download and installation of updates for Skype." "Skype Technologies" "c:\program files (x86)\skype\updater\updater.exe"
+ "UNS" "Intel® Management and Security Application User Notification Service - Updates the Windows Event Log with notifications of pre defined events received from the local Intel® Management and Security Application Device." "Intel Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel® management engine components\uns\uns.exe"
+ "WinDefend" "Protection against spyware and potentially unwanted software" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows defender\mpsvc.dll"
+ "wlidsvc" "Enables Windows Live ID authentication." "Microsoft Corp." "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidsvc.exe"
+ "WMPNetworkSvc" "Shares Windows Media Player libraries to other networked players and media devices using Universal Plug and Play" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpnetwk.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "adp94xx" "Adaptec Windows SAS/SATA Storport Driver" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\adp94xx.sys"
+ "adpahci" "Adaptec Windows SATA Storport Driver" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\adpahci.sys"
+ "adpu320" "Adaptec StorPort Ultra320 SCSI Driver (X64)" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\adpu320.sys"
+ "aliide" "ALi mini IDE Driver" "Acer Laboratories Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aliide.sys"
+ "amdsata" "AHCI 1.2 Device Driver" "Advanced Micro Devices" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdsata.sys"
+ "amdsbs" "AMD Technology AHCI Compatible Controller Driver for Windows - AMD64 platform" "AMD Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdsbs.sys"
+ "amdxata" "Storage Filter Driver" "Advanced Micro Devices" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\amdxata.sys"
+ "arc" "Adaptec RAID Storport Driver" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\arc.sys"
+ "arcsas" "Adaptec SAS RAID WS03 Driver" "Adaptec, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\arcsas.sys"
+ "b06bdrv" "Broadcom NetXtreme II GigE VBD" "Broadcom Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\bxvbda.sys"
+ "b57nd60a" "Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver." "Broadcom Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\b57nd60a.sys"
+ "BrFiltLo" "Windows ME USB Mass-Storage Bulk-Only Lower Filter Driver" "Brother Industries, Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brfiltlo.sys"
+ "BrFiltUp" "Windows ME USB Mass-Storage Bulk-Only Upper Filter Driver" "Brother Industries, Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brfiltup.sys"
+ "Brserid" "Brotehr Serial I/F Driver (WDM)" "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brserid.sys"
+ "BrSerWdm" "Brother Serial driver (WDM version)" "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brserwdm.sys"
+ "BrUsbMdm" "Brother USB MDM Driver " "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brusbmdm.sys"
+ "BrUsbSer" "Brother USB Serial Driver" "Brother Industries Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\brusbser.sys"
+ "cmdide" "CMD PCI IDE Bus Driver" "CMD Technology, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\cmdide.sys"
+ "e1cexpress" "Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\e1c62x64.sys"
+ "ebdrv" "Broadcom NetXtreme II 10 GigE VBD" "Broadcom Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\evbda.sys"
+ "elxstor" "Storport Miniport Driver for LightPulse HBAs" "Emulex" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\elxstor.sys"
+ "hcw85cir" "Hauppauge WinTV 885 Consumer IR Driver for eHome" "Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\hcw85cir.sys"
+ "HpSAMD" "Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Media Driver" "Hewlett-Packard Company" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\hpsamd.sys"
+ "iaStor" "Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver - x64" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastor.sys"
+ "iaStorV" "Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - x64" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastorv.sys"
+ "igfx" "Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys"
+ "iirsp" "Intel/ICP Raid Storport Driver" "Intel Corp./ICP vortex GmbH" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iirsp.sys"
+ "IntcAzAudAddService" "Realtek® High Definition Audio Function Driver" "Realtek Semiconductor Corp." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhd64.sys"
+ "IntcDAud" "Intel® Display Audio Driver" "Intel® Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys"
+ "iusb3hcs" "Intel® USB 3.0 Host Controller Switch Driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iusb3hcs.sys"
+ "iusb3hub" "Intel® USB 3.0 Hub Driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iusb3hub.sys"
+ "iusb3xhc" "Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\iusb3xhc.sys"
+ "LSI_FC" "LSI Fusion-MPT FC Driver (StorPort)" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lsi_fc.sys"
+ "LSI_SAS" "LSI Fusion-MPT SAS Driver (StorPort)" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lsi_sas.sys"
+ "LSI_SAS2" "LSI SAS Gen2 Driver (StorPort)" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lsi_sas2.sys"
+ "LSI_SCSI" "LSI Fusion-MPT SCSI Driver (StorPort)" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lsi_scsi.sys"
+ "megasas" "MEGASAS RAID Controller Driver for Windows 7\Server 2008 R2 for x64" "LSI Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\megasas.sys"
+ "MegaSR" "LSI MegaRAID Software RAID Driver" "LSI Corporation, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\megasr.sys"
+ "MEIx64" "Intel® Management Engine Interface" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\hecix64.sys"
+ "netr28x" "Ralink 802.11 Wireless Adapter Driver" "Ralink Technology, Corp." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\netr28x.sys"
+ "nfrd960" "IBM ServeRAID Controller Driver" "IBM Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\nfrd960.sys"
+ "nvraid" "NVIDIA® nForce™ RAID Driver" "NVIDIA Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvraid.sys"
+ "nvstor" "NVIDIA® nForce™ Sata Performance Driver" "NVIDIA Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvstor.sys"
+ "ql2300" "QLogic Fibre Channel Stor Miniport Driver" "QLogic Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ql2300.sys"
+ "ql40xx" "QLogic iSCSI Storport Miniport Driver" "QLogic Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ql40xx.sys"
+ "secdrv" "Macrovision SECURITY Driver" "Macrovision Corporation, Macrovision Europe Limited, and Macrovision Japan and Asia K.K." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys"
+ "SiSRaid2" "SiS RAID Stor Miniport Driver" "Silicon Integrated Systems Corp." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\sisraid2.sys"
+ "SiSRaid4" "SiS AHCI Stor-Miniport Driver" "Silicon Integrated Systems" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\sisraid4.sys"
+ "stexstor" "Promise SuperTrak EX Series Driver for Windows " "Promise Technology" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\stexstor.sys"
+ "viaide" "VIA Generic PCI IDE Bus Driver" "VIA Technologies, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\viaide.sys"
+ "vsmraid" "VIA RAID DRIVER FOR AMD-X86-64" "VIA Technologies Inc.,Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\vsmraid.sys"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
+ "msacm.l3acm" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\system32\l3codeca.acm"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
+ "msacm.l3acm" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\syswow64\l3codeca.acm"
+ "msacm.l3codecp" "MPEG Audio Layer-3 Codec for MSACM" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\syswow64\l3codecp.acm"
+ "vidc.cvid" "Cinepak® Codec" "Radius Inc." "c:\windows\syswow64\iccvid.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
+ "MS PR Source Filter" "PlayReady DirectShow Source Filter DLL" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\playready\prsource.dll"
+ "PlayReady DMO Wrapper" "PlayReady DirectShow DMO Wrapper Filter DLL" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\playready\prdmowrapper.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
+ "Capture File Writer" "Windows Live Video Acquisition Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\wlxvafilt.dll"
+ "CyberLink Audio Decoder (PDVD10)" "CyberLink Audio Decoder Filter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\audiofilter\claud.ax"
+ "CyberLink Audio Effect (PDVD10)" "CyberLink Audio Effect Filter" "CyberLink Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\audiofilter\claudfx.ax"
+ "CyberLink Audio Wizard" "CyberLink Audio Wizard Filter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\audiofilter\claudwizard.ax"
+ "CyberLink AudioCD Filter (PDVD10)" "CyberLink AudioCD Filter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\audiofilter\claudiocd.ax"
+ "Cyberlink Demuxer 2.0 (PDVD10)" "CLDemuxer2" "Cyberlink" "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\navfilter\cldemuxer2.ax"
+ "CyberLink Digest Filter (PDVD10)" "DigestFilter Dynamic Link Library" "" "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\digestfilter.dll"
+ "CyberLink DVD Navigator (PDVD10)" "CyberLink DVD Navigation Filter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\navfilter\clnavx.ax"
+ "CyberLink FLV Splitter(PDVD10)" "CyberLink FLV Splitter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\navfilter\clflvsplitter.ax"
+ "CyberLink HAM Decoder (PDVD10)" "CyberLink 264 Decoder Filter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\videofilter\clcvd.ax"
+ "CyberLink HD/BD Mixer (PDVD10)" "CLHBMixer" " " "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\audiofilter\clhbmixer.ax"
+ "CyberLink Line21 Decoder (PDVD10)" "CyberLink Line21 Decoder Filter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\videofilter\clline21.ax"
+ "CyberLink Matroska Splitter(PDVD10)" "CyberLink Matroska Splitter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\navfilter\clmkvsplter.ax"
+ "CyberLink MPEG Splitter" "CyberLink MPEG Splitter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\navfilter\clsplter.ax"
+ "CyberLink MPEG-4 Splitter (PDVD10)" "CyberLink MPEG-4 Splitter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\navfilter\clm4splt.ax"
+ "CyberLink RealAudio Decoder(PDVD10)" "CyberLink RealMedia Audio Decoder" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\audiofilter\clrmaud.ax"
+ "CyberLink RealMedia Splitter(PDVD10)" "CyberLink RealMedia Splitter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\navfilter\clrmsplitter.ax"
+ "CyberLink RealVideo Decoder(PDVD10)" "CyberLink RealMedia Video Decoder" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\videofilter\clrmvd.ax"
+ "Cyberlink SubTitle Importor (PDVD10)" "CLSubTitle.ax" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\videofilter\clsubtitle.ax"
+ "Cyberlink SubTitle Importor 2.0 (PDVD10)" "CLSubTitle.ax" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\videofilter\clsubtitle.ax"
+ "CyberLink TimeStretch Filter (PDVD10)" "CLAuTS.ax" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\audiofilter\clauts.ax"
+ "CyberLink Tzan Filter (PDVD10)" "Cyberlink Tzan Filter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\videofilter\cltzan.ax"
+ "CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10)" "CyberLink 264 Decoder Filter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\videofilter\clcvd.ax"
+ "CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD10)" "CyberLink Video/SP Filter" "CyberLink Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd10\videofilter\clvsd.ax"
+ "MS PR Source Filter" "PlayReady DirectShow Source Filter DLL" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\playready\prsource.dll"
+ "PlayReady DMO Wrapper" "PlayReady DirectShow DMO Wrapper Filter DLL" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\playready\prdmowrapper.dll"
+ "Record Queue" "Windows Live Video Acquisition Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\wlxvafilt.dll"
+ "WM VIH2 Fix" "Windows Live Video Acquisition Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\wlxvafilt.dll"
+ "WMT DV Extract Filter" "Windows Live Video Acquisition Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\wlxvafilt.dll"
+ "WMT Sample Info Filter" "Windows Live Video Acquisition Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\wlxvafilt.dll"
+ "WMT Switch Filter" "Windows Live Video Acquisition Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\wlxvafilt.dll"
+ "WMT Virtual Renderer" "Windows Live Video Acquisition Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\wlxvafilt.dll"
+ "WMT Virtual Source" "Windows Live Video Acquisition Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\photo gallery\wlxvafilt.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Providers" "" "" ""
+ "WLIDCredentialProvider" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Credential Provider" "Microsoft Corp." "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidcredprov.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify" "" "" ""
+ "igfxcui" "igfxdev Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxdev.dll"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries" "" "" ""
+ "WindowsLive Local NSP" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Namespace Provider" "Microsoft Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll"
+ "WindowsLive NSP" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Namespace Provider" "Microsoft Corp." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries64" "" "" ""
+ "WindowsLive Local NSP" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Namespace Provider" "Microsoft Corp." "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll"
+ "WindowsLive NSP" "Microsoft® Windows Live ID Namespace Provider" "Microsoft Corp." "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll"
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors" "" "" ""
+ "PCL hpz3lwn7" "LanguageMonitor" "Hewlett-Packard Company" "c:\windows\system32\hpz3lwn7.dll"

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Open autoruns and un tick these items.

Under the "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" Tab

+ "Norton Online Backup" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Norton Online Backup\NOBuClient.exe"

Under the "Task Scheduler" tab.

+ "\Norton Internet Security\Norton Error Analyzer" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\19.9.1.14\SymErr.exe"

Under the "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" tab

+ "NOBU" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Norton Online Backup\NOBuAgent.exe"

Reboot your machine.

I would now suggest that you try and install MSE if it fails then I suggest you install Avast free in my opinion it is a lot better than mse.
http://www.filehippo...vast_antivirus/