Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard doing some `weird things

• Please log in to reply

AF_Money

AF_Money

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
so `when I type a `w, it gives me that apostrophe in front of it. if I hit the B (only lo`wer case, capital B doesn't do it)it opens a ne`w tab in my chrome bro`wser. mal`warebytes didn't sho`w anything and avg didn't pick anything up. I did spill an energy drink on my keyboard HOURS ago, and it just `went into the zxc cntrl alt area. I immediately cleaned it up and it `worked fine for a solid 8 hours and then suddenly `when I `was playing a game `where i use the `wsad keys, and it started doing some `weird things in game, and thats `when i noticed it `was typing like that. i rebooted my computer, unplugged and plugged in my keyboard again, did the virus scans.. i'm out of ideas... I have a logitech K120. <-- there's another `weird thing, i type 1 and the cursor goes up a line like i hit the up arro`w... `weird?..

Advertisements

AF_Money

AF_Money

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
and I just plugged in an old ps/2 keyboard and it stopped doing it... looks like my keyboard is effed.. :-/

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I would agree that it has gone to keyboard heaven AF Money, time for a new one methinks. :thumbsup: