Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INSTALLING WINDOWS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

amateurvideographer0

amateurvideographer0

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys, can someone please help me :help:

Error code:0x80070017

I currently have an activated windows 8 installed on my laptop which is great because activating windows 8 really was difficult for me.
The problem is, I had it installed on a wrong partition (D) which is only 22.6 GB.

The reason why I did this was because I had my previous version of windows (Win 7) installed on partition :C, and I wanted :C to be clean before I install windows 8 but my windows 8 installer is not bootable so I installed my windows 8 on partition D then formatted partition :C by simply going into My Computer and clicking "Format".

So now when I'm about to install windows 8 on the formatted partition :C, before it finishes its installation, it shows an error that says it cant continue the setup because some files are missing or corrupted.

Error code:0x80070017

Can anyone please help me or tell me what do????

I also tried installing windows 7 but it also gives me the same error.
I tried installing after effects, not successful either.

HEEEEEELP!

Edited by amateurvideographer0, 24 February 2013 - 05:45 AM.

Advertisements

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
You have posted for help already in the windows 8 forum. Please do not post in multiple locations.