Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Freezing Issues

• Please log in to reply

Littlenicky

Littlenicky

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to this so cut some slack for me if you can.

I'm also not a techy person, so all the very detailed things hardware wise, I would appreciate to put in more simple terms :/

I've been experiencing some really bad freezes randomly whether I'm on my desktop, surfing the web, doing homework, or playing games but I'm not sure what it is. I had a new video card put in about a month ago and everything worked great for about 4 days, then the freezes started. I thought it was the card but I was told the card isn't the issue. I've been told it could be hardware not compatible with each other, memory issues, power supply problems, motherboard issues, etc.

I'm also reading a bunch of different things that it could be but I just want to know exactly what I could do that can pinpoint what the issue is. The rig was given to me 2 years ago after my father passed away, so I'm not def. what's all in it. It's a built up tower, with a Skorpio shell on it.

I've ran tests and nothing is showing any issues.

The video card checks out, the power supply is a Corsair CX600 and was bought less than 6 months ago, I have 4 GB of memory but not sure how to take them out to see if it's 1 of the sticks or both even at all and I don't want to make anymore issues just ripping them out and messing up something. As far as the MoBo, I'm not sure what it is.

That's about everything I can crack off atm. Not too sure what else to do than to ask other professionals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Advertisements

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hello..

It would help if we had the spec's of this PC..Model name,model number... You should be able to find these on top or in the back or on the side of your PC...