Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ans some ques about RAM?

• Please log in to reply

fahad619

fahad619

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Guys,i have some question about ram.Motherboard Gigabyte b75d3v.
Here is the questions:
1.What if i use 16 GB ram of different brands such as A-Data 4 GB ddr3 1333mhz,Corsair 4GB ddr3 1600mhz,Transcend 8GB ddr3 1333mhz will it hamper my gaming time??
2.What if they have different cas lantency???also different mhz or same mhz but different latency????
Thanksssssssssssssssssss
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If you do not have the same model and quantity your Dual Channel capability will not work properly

Third if you do not use matching ram (2 x 4gg and 2 x 4gb) but instead (2 x 4gb and 1 x 8gb) lots of motherboard will not work under that setup, your motherboard only takes memory in pairs of two, 1 stick (single channel memory), 2 sticks or 4 sticks, a 3 stick combination will not boot

memory 0004.JPG

As you caN see from your motherboard manual this is the only setup that will work.

One more thing in your manual they specify that 1600mhz memory will only work if you have an Intel 22nm (ivy bridge) CPU

Hope that helps

Edited by Alzeimer, 26 February 2013 - 08:07 AM.