Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My PC keeps rebooting at startup

• Please log in to reply

whoisdaman

whoisdaman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When my PC boots up, the blue screen of death comes up as soon as my PC establishes a connection to the Internet. It says something about how my CPU was rebooted to "Save my PC from grave danger" and it cites the error "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" as its reason for rebooting. It has been doing this for about a week now. I am using Windows XP.

I don't get this problem when I take Norton Internet Security out of the startup. My computer boots up just fine, but for some reason programs like: Limewire, AIM, Firefox, MSN, and GMail Notifier don't work when Norton is out of the startup. In the rare instances that I was able to boot up my PC with Norton in the startup, I was able to use those programs.

Edited by whoisdaman, 06 June 2005 - 04:56 PM.

Advertisements

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I would try uninstalling Norton, and re-installing a fresh copy of it.