Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 7 Freeze after boot. [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Too bad about the System Readiness tool - so let's move on to a Startup repair.
One of those partitions must be a recovery partition. Is this a branded computer?

At the Advanced Boot Menu please select the Repair Your Computer option
You may see a System Recovery Options screen asking you to choose your keyboard option - make sure it's set to US and select Next
Next System Recovery Option screen will want you to log in as a local user, so please select your user name from the dropdown list and enter your password. Select Next
You should now see the main System Recovery Options

Posted Image

At this screen select Startup Repair and it should start scanning your computer to attempt to fix startup problems.
Note that Startup Repair may prompt you to make choices as it attempts to fix problems and it may restart your computer.
If the repairs are not successful, it should give you a summary of the problems. You might want to write this summary down if you can't save it otherwise.

After you are done, give normal mode a try again, and let me know what happens.

Advertisements

DrkMachine

DrkMachine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Well, that was dissapointing, lol

Startup Repair says it couldn't find a problem. And of coarse, no change in the freezing. :(

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Is this a branded computer, like a dell or acer or something else?

DrkMachine

DrkMachine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Sorry, it doesn't have any labels to say what it is but looking into the motherboard numbers it falls under either acer or emachine.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Hi -
So the only thing I can come up with at this point is a repair install. This is not destructive, and would leave your programs installed, however I do not know of a way to do this in safe mode.

As much as I hate to give up, at this point, I would like you to post in the Windows 7 forum, and have one of our techs help you further.
I feel that what is most important is for you get the proper help to get your system up and running, and I feel that you will get better help from one of the technicians.

Please make sure to post a link to this thread so that the person that assists you there can see what we have done so far.

I am truly sorry that I can't be of any more help to you.
I will keep this thread open for a little while longer in case you need me for anything, but feel free to PM me at any time after this is closed.

DrkMachine

DrkMachine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Thanks for all that you have done. It is greatly appreciated. On to the next forum for me. :)

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.