Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Turbo Tax runs super slow........

• Please log in to reply

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Here is the screen shot attachment.Screenshot.JPG

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah the free space is very close to that 0% spot where things start to become unstable. It would be good to try and get another 4% where you are at 15% free space. Uninstall programs or backup data that is not needed.

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
OK will do.

Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
After doing the above then defrag again and I'm willing to bet your speed will be better. Let me know how it goes. :thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 10 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Computer is running much better and smoother. Still get an occasional (Not Responding) message when viewing web sites on my Firefox browser. I deleted and moved enough things to get my free space down to 15% so I cold run a good defrag with the program you recommended. So far I am very pleased with the results. Thanks very much for your help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I think the message is a FF problem and not a system problem. I get those once in a while also.

shajoe44

shajoe44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You might try cleaning out your FF cookies and see if that helps.