Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Eyefinity setup, a little info and help please.

• Please log in to reply

Thenewbloke

Thenewbloke

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hey guys

I wanna setup eyefinity in the spare room, i got the tellys and a asus hd7850 2gb card im hoping to achieve a triple monitor setup but not on the best graphics im not expecting my computer to pull out graphics from heaven just wanna rip around with the setup and see how it is..

The 3 tvs are 1x LG 42" (computer currently runs this 24/7 has HDMI ports and VGA.)
1x AWA 42" (has HDMI ports or VGA)
1x LG 42" (has hdmi ports or vga)

My 7850 has 2x mini display ports
1x HDMI
1x DVI

Basicly will this work?? (theres only 1 computer sorry if it seems confusing i didnt know how else to put it)

COMPUTER---> Minidisplay ---> HDMI --------> TV (USED FOR 2x LG TVS)
COMPUTER---> HDMI --------> TV (USED FOR AWA TV)

with the 2 lg tvs i understand i need the Minidisplay to HDMI adapter and with running the triple setup i need an active one.. im sourcing an active ones now as we speak just waiting to hear back from a few sellers.. but if i achieve the active mini display port adapters to HDMI will this work??

thanks for taking the time to read my post and shed some light on the matter if you can

cheers once again...

Edited by Thenewbloke, 28 February 2013 - 06:05 PM.

Advertisements

Thenewbloke

Thenewbloke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
sorry forgot to put my specs up:

MB:Asus P8Z77-M PRO
PSU: 620w Antec Neo Eco
SSD: 64gb OCZ-4 Agility
CPU: Intel 3770k /w Stock Fan
GPU: Asus 2 GB HD Radeon 7850
CASE: Antec 900
HDD: Seagate 1TB
RAM: 16gb
DRIVE: Blu Ray Writer
ACC: Multi photo card reader

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
in short, yes it should be able to do it. If your going to be gaming, bf3 and crysis settings will need to be dropped. Looking at your specs, i would suggest that you upgrade the power supply and either upgrade the video card or go crossfire with 2 7850's.

If I had 3 tv's, I would certainly be trying it out to see how it worked. As long as your not having to buy anything, its worth trying out. Only cost you time.