Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

replaced an OS bmp not responding win 7

• Please log in to reply

SirFlopalot

SirFlopalot

• Pip
  • 8 posts
In Windows 7, I replaced the blue screen with the flower that comes up between the boot animation and the logon screen and now it will not show up... So I returned it and it still will not show up. the size is may be the difference as I seemed to noticed that bringing it up in paint altered the file's size to 2.25mg and it was slightly smaller. I found another copy of that same blue graphic with the flower but it does not work either. the location of the file was \windows\system32\oobe. restor point did not resolve the issue.

Advertisements

SirFlopalot

SirFlopalot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I think if I replace the file with the right pixel size it may resolve the issue but I did not write down that file's size so i have no idea what it was. Any help? BUT only look at the file through properties.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What dll is it in? It doesn't show up just looking in c:\\windows\system32\oobe.

Maybe run sfc /scannow from a Elevated Command prompt?

SirFlopalot

SirFlopalot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The file is in windows 7 at location: c:\\windows\system32\oobe and is called background.bmp right click on it, go to properties and look at the image size (the amounnt of space it takes up on the Hard Drive). You could also then open it with paint and look at the resolution, i think it should say 1024x768? But DO NOT click on save lest you are in the same boat as I are. If the file size is different than 11024x768 then I will need to change that as well.

Edited by SirFlopalot, 04 March 2013 - 12:27 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I was looking at my Windows 8 system, not 7. Checked there and you are correct:

W7BackgroundBmp.JPG

In case you need it, here is a zipped copy: Attached File  background.zip   660KB   113 downloads

SirFlopalot

SirFlopalot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i was given this addy - http://www.geekstogo...rum/index.php?s
but cannot find the location or even find " index "

I cannot even find the post that gave the addy. - strange

The bmp file size is 1024x768 and 2305kb
but all the images referenced to this come out 1024x768 and 2.25 mb
So I must alter the 2.25 to 2305 w/o changing the 1024x768
I have tried many varances but nothing comes close... any ideas?

Edited by SirFlopalot, 05 March 2013 - 03:16 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Just replace it with the one I uploaded.

SirFlopalot

SirFlopalot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I been really busy will try later today i think.. thanks - i will let you know what happens.