Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

8gb ram

• Please log in to reply

TZB

TZB

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Is kvr1333d3n9/8g ram compatible with my computer? http://www.crucial.c...D5FE6ACA5CA7304

Edited by TZB, 01 March 2013 - 06:25 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is the motherboard Crucial is stating your motherboard ASUS P7H55-M LX Motherboard?

TZB

TZB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
yeah, because my computer will crash automatically when i install it, means once i on my cpu, about 30-40 seconds it crashes, and auto restart, no matter where i am at it just crashes, now i am using my old 2gb ram and its working fine

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Possibly a bad module so I would suggest installing only one module and see if it works.
BTW what OS are you using?

TZB

TZB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
sorry, but what do you mean by module? :( windows 7 64 bit

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
One of the new memory sticks may be bad.

TZB

TZB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
i changed it with a new one already, but it is still the same thing, is it because it isnt compatible with my computer?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
From what I see it is compatible with your system. Are you OCing the memory at all?

TZB

TZB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
what do you mean by ocing? I didnt do anything to my ram

Edited by TZB, 02 March 2013 - 08:34 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Over Clocking.

I see no reason the memory will not work according to the link you provided it is.
Your OS is capable of seeing the memory since it is a 64 bit version.
The only reasonable explanation is the memory is faulty. Have you contacted the seller of the memory letting them know the issue at this point?
I could have you test the memory but if the system won't even start then there is no way to do that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 15 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.