Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Galago Search Engine

• Please log in to reply

DACJR

DACJR

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Been playing around with websites search engines for a class I'm taking. I'm running a website using my PC as a web server with Apache and Galago for a website search. If someone is familiar with Galago I could use some help.

Every time I boot up the web server, I have to re-write the code in the webpage for the search engine. When I boot up Galago the port number is random. I've tried researching it but I can't figure it out. I'm thinking I need to write a parameters file and use it when I boot Galago but I don't know how I should write it and what format it's going to be. I'm also not sure on the syntax for using it. I think it's something like: >galago search --port=filepath website.index website.corpus. The part in blue is what I am unsure of. I know by looking at the .jar files in the Galago library that --port=value, should set the port number.

Advertisements