Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

lizo media, troj_vondo, doubleclick and many more

• Please log in to reply

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,675 posts
Do you have a original Windows XP CD?
We may need it.

First surf to:
http://www.kaspersky...oduct=161744315
and have your computer scanned there.
Let me know everything that is found.

Then mail me a (preferably zipped) copy of C:\WINDOWS\inf\cutil.dll
Send it to pieterATwilderssecurity.org (replace AT with @)

Regards,

Advertisements

selftitled10

selftitled10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I may be able to find it from when we had to reset our computer.

When I tried to run that scan it asked for me to download the activeX such and such, but whenever I click to download it, it brings me back a few pages where it asks me to agree to the terms and conditions... but it doesn't have a button to press accept or anyway to procede. I have tried numerous times be I still get the same result.

And I'll attatch the file to an e-mail and send it to you.

{Edit:}
Didn't send because my e-mail has a virus scan and wouldn't let me send it. {/edit}

Edited by selftitled10, 17 June 2005 - 04:09 PM.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,675 posts
So Trend Micro recognizes it when you try to mail it?

Can you tell me the name it users for that file?

Probably TROJ_Vundo. and a letter.

Regards,

selftitled10

selftitled10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes, Hotmail has recently added Trend Micro to it so it scans attatchments you send or recieve before you can send them. I've had Trend Micro on my computer for a very long time and it has been detecting it every scan I've done for a very long time. It always tried to quarantine it but that always "fails." No program has ever been able to delete it for me. This is the profile for the trojan from Trend Micro.

TROJ_VUNDO.H

Malware type: Trojan

Aliases: Trojan.Vundo.B, Trojan:Win32/Vundo.C, Vundo, Win32.Vundo.AF

In the wild: No

Destructive: No

Language: English

Platform: Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Server 2003

Encrypted: No

Overall risk rating: Low

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported infections: Low

Damage potential: High

Distribution potential: Low

Just recently I have just started recieving a message when I turn on my computer asking me to run Win32.exe (one of Troj_vundo's aliases). Of course I click cancel.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,675 posts
Can you try this for me:
http://securityrespo...moval.tool.html

Carefully read and follow the instructions.

Regards,

selftitled10

selftitled10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
K, I'll probably follow those steps monday afternoon when I'm done with writing my social studies final exam paper. If not, I'll definately be able to follow those steps after finals are over on Wednesday.

I'll post then. :tazz:
Thank you so much for helping me right now!

selftitled10

selftitled10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Eh I decided to procrastinate from my essays...

It got rid of all of the cutil.dll except the one in explorer... nevermind... I just looked on process explorer now that I've turned the internet back on. It's now in the internet explorer and explorer.

Even though I did about 3 or 4 scans with that program in safe mode it still couldn't get rid of the root of the trojan. I tried killbox again while the internet was still disabled and that didn't work still.

I think my case is hopeless. :tazz:

Just incase anything was added or if something went away:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:05:04 AM, on 6/19/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper Home Edition\DKService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\tmproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\StartEAK.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Browser Mouse\mouse32a.exe
C:\Program Files\Muiltmedia keyboard utility\1.1\MMKEYBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\CPQEAKSYSTEMTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\CPQEADM.EXE
C:\Compaq\EAKDRV\EAUSBKBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Compaq\EASYAC~1\BttnServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\TmPfw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\New\Desktop\hijack this\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://store.presari...&c=1c02&lc=0409
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Compaq
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {44240BB5-BD7D-4D49-A1AA-8AB0F3D3CB44} - C:\WINDOWS\inf\cutil.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPQEASYACC] C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\StartEAK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [srmclean] C:\Cpqs\Scom\srmclean.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office 11\Programs\QFSCHD110.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Antivirus] McAfeeAV.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GoToMyPC] C:\Program Files\Expertcity\GoToMyPC\g2svc.exe -logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FLMOFFICE4DMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Browser Mouse\mouse32a.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FLMK08KB] C:\Program Files\Muiltmedia keyboard utility\1.1\MMKEYBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System Support] system32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [System Support] system32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [System Support] system32.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WebSecureAlert.lnk = C:\Program Files\WebSecureAlert\WebSecureAlert.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Advisor - {22AB09A5-AB12-4A4C-BEAA-CC38595B6CA8} - C:\Program Files\COMPAQ\Compaq Advisor\bin\rbaLauncher.exe (HKCU)
O12 - Plugin for .asx: C:\Program Files\Compaq\Netscape Custom NA XP\PLUGINS\npdsplay.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://store.presario.net/scripts/redirectors/presario/storeredir2.dll?s=consumerfav&c=1c02&lc=0409
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://a1540.g.akama...meInstaller.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: cutil - C:\WINDOWS\inf\cutil.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\AOL Spyware Protection\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper Home Edition\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: GoToMyPC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Expertcity\GoToMyPC\g2svc.exe" -service (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,675 posts
Can you surf to:
http://www.thespykil...x.php?topic=5.0

And follow the instructions there to upload a copy of C:\WINDOWS\inf\cutil.dll

I want to put it on my testbox and see what makes it tick. And more importantly, if I can break it. :tazz:

Regards,

selftitled10

selftitled10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
http://www.thespykil...php?topic=377.0

:tazz: Hehe good luck! ;)

Oh yeah, and for some reason some of the files on my computer... their names/titles or whatever show up blue since yesterday. I don't know if that has any significance... I usually know my way around a computer, but obviously not as much as you.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,675 posts
Blue indicates a Compressed file on an NTFS formatted hard disk.
Nothing to worry about.

Can you do a Find Files for system32.exe
Let me know if it exists on your computer and where.

Regards,

Advertisements

selftitled10

selftitled10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Ah, ok I compress local dic c to save space on my computer and help it fun faster.

System32.exe wasn't found anywhere but I get a notce every time I turn on my computer asking me if I want to fun it... it actually pops up twice.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,675 posts
Please download Process Explorer by Systernals from HERE

Then boot up in SAFE MODE

the rest of this fix must be done in safe mode.

Unzip Process Explorer and double click on procexp.exe

In the top section of the Process Explorer screen click on the Find at the top > Find DLL
Let it look for cutil.dll I think you will find it in:

winlogon.exe
rundll32.exe
explorer.exe

For each other process you find it in repeat the procedure below. We'll start with winlogon.exe
In the top section of the Process Explorer screen double click on winlogon.exe to bring up the winlogon.exe properties screen. Click on the Threads tab at the top.

Once you see this screen click on each instance of cutil.dll once and then click the kill button.

After you have killed all of the cutil.dll's under winlogon click OK.

also look for any .ini or bak files or other dll's with either the same name or the file name in reverse (lituc.dll) & kill them as well

Next double click on explorer.exe and again click once on each instance of cutil.dll then click the kill button.

also look for any .ini or bak files or reverse named dll's with either the same name or the file name in reverse & kill them as well

Click on the Threads tab at the top.

Once you have done that click OK again.

Next run HijackThis and place a check beside each of the following.

O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {44240BB5-BD7D-4D49-A1AA-8AB0F3D3CB44} - C:\WINDOWS\inf\cutil.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System Support] system32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [System Support] system32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [System Support] system32.exe

O20 - Winlogon Notify: cutil - C:\WINDOWS\inf\cutil.dll

Now click fix checked and close HijackThis.

Please copy the text in BOLD below, and paste it into a blank notepad window.
Save it as vundo.reg and in the save as type box choose all files.

Once you have saved it double click it and allow it to merge with the registry.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B8B55274-0F9A-41E5-9067-A3539BD9E860}]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{44240BB5-BD7D-4D49-A1AA-8AB0F3D3CB44}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{581F22DA-7202-4F21-AEF3-114787156016}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B8B55274-0F9A-41E5-9067-A3539BD9E860}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{44240BB5-BD7D-4D49-A1AA-8AB0F3D3CB44}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSEvents.MSEvents]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MSEvents.MSEvents.1]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MSEvents.MSEvents]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MSEvents.MSEvents.1]

now run killbox and paste This line below into the box, select delete on reboot then press the red X Button, say yes to the 1st prompt but no to reboot now

C:\WINDOWS\inf\cutil.dll

then repeat by typing in the full name and location of of any of the reverse named .bak or .ini or other files that you discovered earlier

after you have input the last file name then reboot ( if you didn't find any reverse named files then let it reboot after pressing the red X the first time)

After your computer has rebooted please run Hijackthis again and post a new HijackThis log.

Big thanks to dvk01 and Mosaic1

Regards,

selftitled10

selftitled10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:05:30 PM, on 6/20/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper Home Edition\DKService.exe
C:\Program Files\Expertcity\GoToMyPC\g2svc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\tmproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Expertcity\GoToMyPC\g2comm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\StartEAK.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Browser Mouse\mouse32a.exe
C:\Program Files\Expertcity\GoToMyPC\g2pre.exe
C:\Program Files\Muiltmedia keyboard utility\1.1\MMKEYBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\CPQEADM.EXE
C:\Compaq\EAKDRV\EAUSBKBD.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Compaq\EASYAC~1\BttnServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Expertcity\GoToMyPC\g2tray.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\New\Desktop\hijack this\HijackThis.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\TmPfw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\imapi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://store.presari...&c=1c02&lc=0409
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Compaq
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPQEASYACC] C:\Program Files\Compaq\Easy Access Button Support\StartEAK.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [srmclean] C:\Cpqs\Scom\srmclean.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] "C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office 11\Programs\QFSCHD110.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Antivirus] McAfeeAV.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GoToMyPC] C:\Program Files\Expertcity\GoToMyPC\g2svc.exe -logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FLMOFFICE4DMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Browser Mouse\mouse32a.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FLMK08KB] C:\Program Files\Muiltmedia keyboard utility\1.1\MMKEYBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2005\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Instant Access] rundll32.exe EGDACCESS_1060.dll,InstantAccess
O4 - Global Startup: WebSecureAlert.lnk = C:\Program Files\WebSecureAlert\WebSecureAlert.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Advisor - {22AB09A5-AB12-4A4C-BEAA-CC38595B6CA8} - C:\Program Files\COMPAQ\Compaq Advisor\bin\rbaLauncher.exe (HKCU)
O12 - Plugin for .asx: C:\Program Files\Compaq\Netscape Custom NA XP\PLUGINS\npdsplay.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://store.presario.net/scripts/redirectors/presario/storeredir2.dll?s=consumerfav&c=1c02&lc=0409
O16 - DPF: {1604DF98-D1A5-44FE-844A-98D6FD0518D0} - http://akamai.downlo...ESS_1060_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://a1540.g.akama...meInstaller.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\AOL Spyware Protection\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper Home Edition\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: GoToMyPC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Expertcity\GoToMyPC\g2svc.exe" -service (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

There is no more cutil.dll , but even now, I still recieved a pop up for "nuker" another one of the regulars... http://www.nuker.com...ker06&aff2=N21- and again I just got a casino: http://www.casinotro...-N21-EAEcBBXABG

Thanks for getting rid of system32.exe and cutil.dll! :tazz: I no longer get prompted for the system32 thing anymore.

Edited by selftitled10, 20 June 2005 - 02:14 PM.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,675 posts
My compliments. That was not the easiest procedure I gave you to do.
In the meantime you have gotten a new dialer.

Check the following items in HijackThis.
Close all windows except HijackThis and click Fix checked:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Instant Access] rundll32.exe EGDACCESS_1060.dll,InstantAccess

O16 - DPF: {1604DF98-D1A5-44FE-844A-98D6FD0518D0} - http://akamai.downlo...ESS_1060_XP.cab

Then reboot.

Please do have a look at my site about removing and preventing spyware.

Regards,

selftitled10

selftitled10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Haha well I think I got lost a little and added a few steps in like taking away cutil.dll's "priveledges" I have too short of an attention span to remember how I did that anyways XD.

Thank you so much... I'll reply if anymore sypware things turn up in the next week.

:tazz: haha