Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Allocating more RAM to Intel video card

• Please log in to reply

guitarsax211

guitarsax211

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
OK... So I have the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family video card and I really want to play Skyrim and Portal 2 on my Dell Latitude D630 laptop. I do have the required RAM on my PC but not the video card. I was wondering how to add RAM to the video card. It says that I am using the Plug and Play monitor. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Quite frankly never heard of anyone doing that...

guitarsax211

guitarsax211

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I did some research and it would actually be allocating more video memory to the card. It has a max. capacity of about 800 MB but its default is between 300-400 MB. I was wondering how to change the default to the maximum capacity.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I believe you will find that setting in the bios under the hardware settings or integrated peripheral area. Just remember when you allocate more memory for the video then the system has less memory to use.

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

OK... So I have the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family video card and I really want to play Skyrim and Portal 2 on my Dell Latitude D630 laptop. I do have the required RAM on my PC but not the video card. I was wondering how to add RAM to the video card. It says that I am using the Plug and Play monitor. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

It seems i took your question of adding ram to a vid card rather literal... :whistling: Now allocating is a different story and i believe rshaffer has you in the right direction.. :thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Adding more ram memory may allow for even more shared video memory. :thumbsup:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 15 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.