Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Files

• Please log in to reply

bluiizh

bluiizh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Most of my computer files are blue [as in the wording of the folder] and in the documents and settings\user\local settings\temp there are tons of folders that I dont know what they are... I recently fixed my computer for having the aurora pop up... this temp folder is taking up half of my drive. Reading at 33.9GB on a 74.5GB. Can I delete this folder?

I don't run any serious programs on my pc. Just photoshop and a FTP.

I have done defrag, scan disk, virus, spybot, adware. The works.

Thanks for the help if any.

Edited by bluiizh, 06 June 2005 - 05:28 PM.

Advertisements

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
OK, your temp file is there for programmes mainly. I.e installers will use it, photoshop will, i.e will etc etc...

If you flick through that file you will probably recognise some of the files in there. Mine contains jpegs I recognise, which I remember using at the time it said i did. Now it is a temporary folder, so things are stored in there temporarily!!! flick through it, make sure there is nothing not saved on your hard drive and start to delete the bigger files. For example I have flash movies on there I have used for my clients websites, however I have saved them elsewhere on the drive, therefore when i delete them I still have htme.

I'm assuming seeing thought you mainly use the comp for photoshop you'll probably have some large files in there! put them in size order and work your way down.

Just don't delete the folder as windows does need it, but you can clear it out