Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG 2011 Firewall Profile Troubles

• Please log in to reply

RFrecka

RFrecka

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello IT gurus!

I'm currently having a mild pain of a problem with my AVG firewall blocking connectivity to our network.

We have a drive that stores the majority of our files I'll call A drive. In order to access this A drive and use several programs on my computer I must use the AVG Firewall profile "Computer within domain" but occasionally it will switch to the profile "Directly connected to the internet" which denies me any access to this vital A drive. I know this is probably a stupid question but how do I prevent it from switching between these without my consent? I didn't find any relevant searches within the forums pertaining to this exact problem.

Thanks and I await your response!

Edited by RFrecka, 05 March 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Advertisements