Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Interrupts

• Please log in to reply

yaka

yaka

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,

Out of the blue, I am getting system interrupts. I have not installed any new hardware and have only updated with windows automatic updates. Can you help me stop this most annoying thing?

Thanks,

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hello yaka

To check if a bad update is causing this please do the following;

Go to Add/Remove Programs
Click the box on the top that says Show All Updates
Scroll through and find the last update that was installed before the issue started.
Uninstall any/all updates since the last known clean update.
Now try updating one at a time to see if it corrects any faulty update/s.

Let us know how you get on.

yaka

yaka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have followed your advice and uninstalled all the updates from the date that I knew my computer was fine. The system interrupts have stopped. I have not re-installed them yet. Curious if you think I should make a restore point of this date.

Thank you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Sorry for the delay (business commitments took over).

Glad to hear that the interrupts have stopped :thumbsup:

Good call on the restore point and hopefully you will get a clean install of all updates this time or are able to identify any problem one/s so that you can resolve them.

yaka

yaka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,

So I deleted all the updates and didn't re-install. I made a restore point. The interrupts have returned with force. I looked at the updates and saw that an office update was added on 3/7. I did not install it. Any idea of what is going on?

I appreciate you help.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Can you provide us with the details of the office update.

Have you since uninstalled the office update and if so how is the computer behaving now.

yaka

yaka

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,

I haven't been able to get back to you.

I deleted the office updates multiple times. Each time I re-boot they are back. I looked to turn off the updates in the windows update window, but they are not displayed as an option.

Any thoughts?