Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Building new system for software development

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm about to embark on system building for software development usage and I'm playing only one game - Civ5, any particular recommendation about chipset/mobo in mind? Intel based looking kind of pricey but I'm wondering what kind of AMD chipset I should target. Major thing is ability to handle heavy load of multiple MS .NET Visual Studio instances open at the same time. Also at least 2 monitor support is must. Thanks

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,703 posts
:welcome: DotNetUser

If you tell us your maximum budget and in which country you will be purchasing the parts we will put you a list of hardware together built around the 8 core AMD FX-8350 Piledriver which is a beast of a CPU http://www.aria.co.u...2&rqcType=c#rqc

Can you also tell us if you have any parts that you can bring to the build such as mouse, keyboard etc.

What operating system do you intend using?
If a Microsoft OS unless you have a full retail installation disk and a product key that is not in use on another computer** you will need to allow for this in your budget.

**Unless you have a Volume License Agreement.