Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer Has a Black Screen in Windows and Will Not Boot or Start Up

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts

When i boot my computer i get a black screen, then start it back again, and it does work.
It happens only once in a day.
After rebooting, the pc works normally.
I tried with another compatible stick of ram installed, but it didn't work.
I recently opted for a system restore.
Everything seemed to work fine until, the day after, i get the same black screen.
I have to say that after the system restore i installed the following applications: Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe Indesign CS6.
I don't know if the problem is related to this but before this problem occurred i had my pc connected to my tv monitor through a high speed HDMI cable and to my stereo through a jack/rca cable.
Once in a while i forgot to unplug the external hard disk drive from the usb door, when shutting down the pc.

My specs are:
Nome SO Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Modello sistema HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Tipo sistema PC basato su x64
Processore Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz, 2267 Mhz, 2 core, 4 processori logici
Versione/data BIOS Hewlett-Packard F.16, 22/01/2010
Versione SMBIOS 2.6
Memoria fisica installata (RAM) 4,00 GB
Memoria fisica totale 3,93 GB
Memoria fisica disponibile 1,86 GB
Memoria virtuale totale 7,85 GB
Memoria virtuale disponibile 5,70 GB
Spazio file di paging 3,93 GB

Edited by Egon32, 08 March 2013 - 01:35 AM.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Please, anyone? I'm sorry if i started this topic in the wrong forum, but i'm still not sure if it is malware related or not. I apologize before. I noticed that sometimes while working the pc freezes for a few seconds.