Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant do anything (in normal mode)

• Please log in to reply

Conan85

Conan85

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi,

I can not do anything when I boot my windows 7 in regular mode (am now using safe mode). Whatever I do, the computer is just "working", I can not even do "CTRL+ALT+DELETE". After a while the screen may go all black as well.

Just scanned the entire CPU in safety mode, no detections!

The only think installed on the computer after the problem arised is a Java update. I have tried to uninstall java but it would not let me. I have also uninstalled Avira antivirus for some reason, hoping that would help.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

I do not have a harddrive laying around to do a backup, and I would also prefer not having to install all programs all over again.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Whatever I do, the computer is just "working", I can not even do "CTRL+ALT+DELETE". After a while the screen may go all black as well.

Is the system freezing up or just going black?

Just scanned the entire CPU in safety mode, no detections!

Are you saying you scanned for malware?

The only think installed on the computer after the problem arised is a Java update. I have tried to uninstall java but it would not let me. I have also uninstalled Avira antivirus for some reason, hoping that would help.

Have you tried a restore back to a time before the above was installed?

What about checking the even viewer or checking memory, hard drive, voltages or temperatures?

Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista\Win7. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.

" Go to
" Start
" In the Search box type in Event Viewer in the search box and press Enter
" From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
Method Two
" Go to Start
" Right click on the Computer Icon and select Manage
" Navigate to the Event Viewer, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
" On the left window pane click on Local and then expand the Windows entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
" Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
" If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
" Please include that in your next reply.

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.
Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

Conan85

Conan85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
System was freezing up, then after a while everything went black.

Did a full system scan with Avira.

Did a restore back in time, however then everything went worse. Got dwm.exe error at startup, and black desktop right away. Also a message about the trashbin being damaged?

HOWEVER, I ended up taking the "easy" way out. Formated the drive and restored everything back to factory, so problem is solved now. Thanks for the reply though, much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Conan

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we were given the chance to help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible