Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer network sharing (error 0x00000002)

• Please log in to reply

salvar774

salvar774

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
After a bout with the fbi virus I can not print from my lap top . My printer is hooked up to my compac pc with vista 32 bit . I can not share my printer to the network . I get error 0x00000002 or you need to be the administrator to to that. Printing from my pc is fine . When I go to my lap top is says the printer is off line . I go to my network sharing center on my pc and find the printer sharing off . I try to turn it on and it will not .

Please help

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
:welcome:

Some malware is so deep rooted that not even a full format of the HDD will remove it so you may still have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Additional guidance;

1: Do not create a topic on the malware forum unless you have a malware issue that you cannot resolve yourself.
2: If you do need to start a topic there provide a link to this thread so that steps that have already been taken can be checked.
3: As the Malware Techs are extremely busy you may not receive an instant reply, if you have waited for three days then post in the Waiting Room http://www.geekstogo...e-waiting-room/ be sure to identify the issue as malware related and provide a link to your malware topic.

Good luck and remember we will be here should you need to return to this topic.

salvar774

salvar774

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I can not share my printer to my network .
When I try to share I get the following error
Printer settings could not be saved.
Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
salvar774

Please read my reply #2 again and follow the guidance it contains regarding the safe removal of malware.

Thank you.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
@salvar774

Please create a new topic in this part of the forum and post your OTL log in that please, thank you.