Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error code 0x80070002

• Please log in to reply

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
When I start my computer the error code comes up. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything as I can download different things but sometimes after a download I get that same error code. I have an hp running windows 7. 1 terabyte hard drive, pentium dual core, 64 bit operating system with 4 gigs of memory. I have no idea what the problem could be but I don't want to wait until it gets worse to fix it. I have searched this but can;t find the correct answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
ginnyjoe

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Microsoft has a fix it for this issue located HERE.
It seems to be caused by a Windows update that I can find.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I did both of the fixes default and aggressive and neither one cleared the problem. When I turn on the computer it is still the same. It did show that it fixed 2 problems so that is good. Hopefully there is something else out there for me to try.

Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets take a closer look and see if anything shows up.

Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista\Win7. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.

" Go to
" Start
" In the Search box type in Event Viewer in the search box and press Enter
" From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
Method Two
" Go to Start
" Right click on the Computer Icon and select Manage
" Navigate to the Event Viewer, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
" On the left window pane click on Local and then expand the Windows entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
" Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
" If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
" Please include that in your next reply.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I updated Java and the error came up. I did as you asked but I couldn't see where it said error. Sorry if I am not understanding. I did get to the local and window logs. Maybe it has to do with Java.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK first lets fix java for sure.

Please download JavaRa from the link in my signature below to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
  • * Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
    * Accept any prompts.
    * Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
    * Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button.
  • Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

http://sourceforge.n...ft&words=javara

Java Download Link
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Ok done.

Edited by ginnyjoe, 13 March 2013 - 10:16 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Any errors showing since the last one 3 days ago?

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Yes it still comes up when I turn the computer on. Maybe if I give the exact message I get it might tell more. "An error occured during initialization. Hope this helps.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep if you can get a screenshot of the message it will help.

Advertisements

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I can't seem to upload a shot of the message. I took a picture of it but can't get it to load. Sorry

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you save the picture as a jpg or bmp?
BMP will be to big to upload.

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
It is jpeg. I go to choose file and when I try to attach the file is says no file chosen. So maybe I am doing it wrong.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK you can upload to a external site like mediafire by following the instructions below.

If your attachment is to big to attach then go to Mediafire .
Register and upload your file.
Then reply with the link located to the right of your now uploaded file on Mediafire

www.mediafire.com

ginnyjoe

ginnyjoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
ok now I feel really dumb. I got the file on mediafire and cannot figure out how to get it on here. :blush: