Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsers Do Not Load Images Properly and Online Games Fail to Log On

• Please log in to reply

Daniel Christmas Lee

Daniel Christmas Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Images on certain web pages either do not load or is garbled... that's the only issue that is persistent.

I think there are deeper underlying problems, for example, if you are familiar with Steam games, the browser in my Steam Client is also affected; images do not load or are garbled.

Another problem is that the Steam Client will fail to connect unless one of my browsers are opened.

I have contacted Steam Support but they're slow to respond.

Please let me know if there is anything else we ca do.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Can you post a link to some web pages that are garbled? Are the same pages always garbled?

Daniel Christmas Lee

Daniel Christmas Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
The images are not always garbled, happens about 25% of the time now. Here are some sites...

http://www.artofmanliness.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/

Facebook images do not load, well they load partially some times.

Attached are also some screen shots of how the garbled images look like (in my Steam Client), but it also does that occasionally in browser.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-20-2013 5-27-45 PM.jpg
  • 3-20-2013 5-27-18 PM.jpg

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Sounds like graphics issues solely. From the logs you have AMD graphics, which I am not very familiar with. Perhaps there is an AMD icon in the taskbar, or if you right click the desktop, there is an AMD option there. Check to see if you can change hardware acceleration, and check until you sense positive changes.

Daniel Christmas Lee

Daniel Christmas Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Here's the weird part... when this all started happening, the AMD VISION Engine Control Center that I have refuses to update via the "Check for driver updates" option in its console.

I downloaded the latest driver manually, but that "update driver" option still does not work...

I'm going to reinstall the driver/control center, then use defaults...

Note: I am running 3 monitors simultaneously, but this hasn't been a problem...

I did have issues with Firefox Plugins... some Java Runtime was insecure lately, so basically I'm not running the Java plugin... I suspected it was this which lead me to suspect some virus/malware etc...

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
I suspect this thread and your situation would best be served by opening a new thread in the Hardware, Components and Peripherals forum.

Daniel Christmas Lee

Daniel Christmas Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Could you just transfer me to that thread? Or do I have to re-explain my situation and wait for someone to respond?

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
I am not a frequent flyer here, so I'll have to check.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
No, due to forum requirements you will have to start that new thread. Just drop a link in it back to this thread. But we still need to remove what our work added there, so let's do that now.

Eset, if you don't plan to use it again, uninstalls through the Control Panel - Uninstall/Programs and Features.

You can also at this time delete the files/folders of the tools we used. To assist with some of that, run OTL again. This will help by automatically removing some of the tools we used.

Just click CleanUp, and select Yes. When it finishes removing some of the tools and files we used there just agree to the reboot.

-------

In addition, I like to recommend reviewing the information Here to make sure you stay malware free.

Daniel Christmas Lee

Daniel Christmas Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
THANK YOU JINTAN! I appreciate your help!

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
:thumbsup: