Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chitka malware infection [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lkaz

lkaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Gringo - I can not find DeFogger on my computer. I have the log files - even one that is called defogger_reenable located in C:\Users\Linda, but it is empty.
Suggestions?

I went ahead and downloaded it again and re-enabled.

OK - moving on...

Edited by lkaz, 16 March 2013 - 03:54 PM.

Advertisements

lkaz

lkaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
OK Gringo - I followed your instructions.

I will do a better job of maintenance using the programs you recommended. What weakness allowed for my infection - any idea?

Thank you so much for your patience and wisdom.

QUESTION - my duaghter is having the HTTP ERROR 504 Gateway Timeout issue. Should I have her follow the instructions you gave me to remedy that problem for her?

Thanks so much,
Linda K.

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
here is a way to do it - http://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

lkaz

lkaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Gringo - I have been going over your recommended anti-software, etc. post and have a question. If I use Microsoft Security Essentials can I also use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware?
Or would I have to remove the Microsoft first? Sorry if this is a lame question - I have both of these on my computer - Microsoft Security is active, Malwarebytes is not.

Thanks,
Linda K.

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello Linda

If I use Microsoft Security Essentials can I also use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware? - Yes you can

MSE is an antiVIRUS and MBAM is an antiMALWARE - they do different jobs on the computer and are made to work together

gringo

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.