Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install Hijack this!

• Please log in to reply

Bosco55

Bosco55

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello there. My goodness, I'm sure that I'll get a few rolled eyeballs at me for this one, but I honestly can't get Hijack this! up and running onto my computer.

I downloaded it in its own file, as instructed, and every time I click on it I get the hourglass icon, which stays only briefly, and nothing happens. No matter how many times I click on the thing, nothing happens. Also if I try opening it through the "RUN" command off the start menu, it doesn't run.

I searched through the forums to the best of my knowledge, and I couldn't find anyone with exactly the same problem. Someone else had mentioned that they couldn't open the file, but they at least got an error message, stating some missing file. In my case, there is no error message at all.

I really want to get Hijack this! up and running so that I can start to communicate with someone about how to clean up this computer of mine. I know for certain that it's riddled up with some infection, from what I've heard already from the message board.

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction on this one. Thank you so much in advance! :tazz:

Bos

Advertisements

Bosco55

Bosco55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Please disregard the last post. I found a way to get it to open, just by downloading it fresh everytime I need to use it, and from the download window clicking on "open" after the download is done. I don't know why this works, but it does.

Thanks,

Bos