Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to restore bookmarks and history

• Please log in to reply

Jassmin

Jassmin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi my son was using my computer and somehow my bookmarks and history are gone I would like to restore my bookmarks and history from November 1, 2012 until March 12, 2013
my computer is Windows Xp.
Also I would like to know if there is a method to view every single bookmark and history that is stored on my computer thank you

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What browser, Internet Explorer? If so then they are called Favorites, not Bookmarks. If Firefox then they are in .sqlite files under your profile in: C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxx\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.

Have you saved them anywhere? Have you ever done an image backup? If not, there probably gone for good.

Jassmin

Jassmin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for such a quick reply its firefox browser unfortunately bookmarks were never saved

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The only possibility is to look in C:\Users\youraccountname\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default.

Look for a folder called bookmarkbackups. It's possible your bookmark file is there, something like: bookmarks-2013-03-13.json

Copy it to the \xxxxxxx.default folder.

Jassmin

Jassmin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok I wil try and see what happens thanks,