Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cant install anything on win xp

• Please log in to reply

mick18

mick18

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi , my mate taught he was a computer technician when I loaned him my computer, admittedly it was running a bit slow, so he decided to reboot the system but never backed up my files & so after alot of messing around I managed to connect to the internet, but anything I try use keeps telling me either my browser isnt supported or something about SHReg getvalue & something about dynamic library kernel 32dll

As you can more than tell I am useless with computers so please any help is great help

And I want to thank everyone in advance for your help

Forever grateful
Michael

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
... about ... doesn't help. We need the exact error messages and when they occur.

When you say "reboot the system" do you mean he reinstalled XP? If so, did you install all the necessary device drivers after reinstalling XP?