Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After bootup screen goes black in 45-60 sec

• Please log in to reply

bapope29

bapope29

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a dell Inspiron 1525 that boots up and after about 60 seconds the screen goes black and I have to power it off and restart it again and the same thing keeps happening. Any idea what the problem might be?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
:welcome: bapope29

It is possible that either the power inverter or the backlight have failed and will need replacing, I will provide further information if necessary depending on the outcome of the following two checks as a damaged or loose MB to screen ribbon/cable is also a possibility, it is less likely though.

1: Power up the notebook, when the screen goes black shine a flashlight into the screen and then look closely at the screen, can you see any desktop icons in the background (for best results do this without any lighting on in the room).

2: If you can see nothing when checking out the details in #1 above connect the notebook to an external display by way of the VGA port to see if you get a display on that screen, you may need to toggle between screens by using the Fn and one of the F1 to F12 keys, some computers may use a single key that has an image of a screen on it.

Let us know how you get on.