Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Numpad acting like arrow keys, tried all known solutions! Num lock

• Please log in to reply

Bondlover1313

Bondlover1313

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello, PC experts
I have just got a small problem (I hope). Let me get straight to it. My numpad is not functioning correctly. It is acting like arrow keys and refuses to type any numbers in programs like notepad, word, etc but will type just fine in firefox or internet exploer but not other programs even games like GTA San Andreas. I've tried all the usual ideas, make sure num lock is on, which it is. The mouse keys thing too, which was off. I've had this keyboard since I got the PC back in 2010 so it is not even close to used and I haven't used the computer until just a few weeks ago when another problem was fixed. The keys that are symbols like /*-+. all work fine and in games and apps but not 0-9 for some reason. I've tried it on another pc and it worked fine leading me to believe this is a software issue not a hardware issue. Any help would be deeply appreciated or if you would like any further information I would be more then happy to provide it for you! Thanks

Thanks, Bests
Bondlover1313 :)

Advertisements

Caleb23

Caleb23

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Since you have tried it on another PC it makes me think it is a driver issue. Is it a P2P, USB, or wireless keyboard? If you can tell me the specific make and model of the keyboard I can find some drivers for you to try. What operating system is the computer that it is not working properly with using?