Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Numerous problems [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
OK what is going on and why was it reopened?

Advertisements

LesstheJake

LesstheJake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
email has been hacked.
got an email from yahoo saying that someone had logged in from the USA while I was out. My computer was on
I changed all the passwords except for the yahoo one as dont use it much but still got compromised
virus can found this if its anything? email sent to everyone in my contact book with dodgy links. No idea if aol account been hacked as doesnt tell you if been accessed

Suspicious Policy. POLICY: HKCU\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\EXPLORER\ADVANCED[SHOWSUPERHIDDEN] to be changed to: 1

edit got it on my phone too and it says someone logged in with an iphone but I have an android but network is mine so is that okay, no chance of it being the phone as never logged in the hacked account with phone

Edited by LesstheJake, 28 March 2013 - 05:44 PM.

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Hello

this does not normally mean it has to do with the computer, this is normally that the account has been hacked - change the password on the Yahoo account (and the secret question) to something hard and let me know if it happens again

Gringo

LesstheJake

LesstheJake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
i deactived the account as I didnt use it much

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Keep an eye on things for a few days and let me know if you have seen any strange activity around your other accounts

Gringo

gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 7,268 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.