Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cq40 Smd Transistor Compatibility

• Please log in to reply

chickmazta

chickmazta

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I'e got a laptop which has no power. Its a Compaq cq40 amd based laptop. It was working fine yesterday but this morning when I pressed the power button it does nothing. No beeps, no fans spinning and no lights blinking, specially the white led light on the power jack when you connect the charger. I decided to disassemble the laptop to inspect components that might cause the issue.

I noticed that there's a transistor out of place, I mean its not soldered on the board. It might have fallen out of place but I wonder why and how. I research for the component part number and its an "N channel mosfet with part no. SSM3K7002FU". I've been looking for other compatible fets for this one and I can't seem to find here in our area. But I have a defective motherboard laptop here which contains this kind of fet but different brand or model I guess "RHU002N06". I've read the specs but Im not 100% sure if its the correct one for replacement. Hope you guys could help me out tnx!

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Well from what I've read this box first came out in 2008 which makes it today around five years old which is getting long in the tooth wouldn't you agree?

Soldered joints on motherboards, or any PCB for that matter, do become dry and crack over time.

I'd suggest getting a new laptop rather than mess about looking for an obscure motherboard component.

Sorry to be so frank.

chickmazta

chickmazta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Thanks for the reply sir. I definitely agree on that. I've got no regrets buying this and I think it served me very well. But I've got developments for this laptop. The fets mentioned above are compatible and I managed to revive the cq40 just today. I'm currently testing it using an external monitor. But the led indicator still does not lit. Its ok as long as its stable. I'll update you guys as soon as I'm done testing the board. thanks again.