Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to reinstall programs - wowexec & setup.exe issues

• Please log in to reply

Jhazon

Jhazon

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I am having some issues reinstalling programs since my PC was returned from the shop (for a reinstall of Win XP).... I will go through the process of "installing" but nothing happpens. I find in Task Manager, things are getting hung up on wowexec.exe and setup.exe. Both of this items are just sitting there, no memory usage indicated. The programs that I am unable to install are older windows programs such as Adobe Photodeluxe 3.1 and an old HTML editor program. Other programs were install with no issues. Thoughts, suggestions??

Advertisements

Jhazon

Jhazon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
After searching around the Net, I found this: "If you have installed Nero Essentials 7, Nero Scout can cause this kind of error, when you cannot run a lot of older application setups. To fix this, go to msconfig, startup, and disable the NMBgMonitor program and reboot. This also helps get rid of the wms idle error when you are shutting down the computer. via tom's Hardware Forums, April 2009

Looks like Nero Essentials does not like older Window programs. I've been using Adobe PhotoDeluxe since Windows 95, looks like I might need to find a replacement.... just love that program's easy functions. Don't need a degree as with PhotoShop.