Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Revival of N5110 troubles

• Please log in to reply

foxdogface

foxdogface

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey guys I read some helpful posts on here but still managed to run into a brick wall. Any help would be more than greatly appreciated.
The problem is with an N5110 that I recently replaced the motherboard and the CPU (I7-2630qm) in hopes that I'd revive this old boy. After replacing the motherboard I got 7 beeps no screen. Knew that was CPU failure so I purchased a new one and replaced it. Now I'm not getting any error codes on startup however the screen remains black and after trying different startup repair keystrokes (Hold D, Fn + power...etc..) I realized that the keyboard might be busted too. So I got a usb keyboard (and a ticket in the process =P) still nothing from the board. I can make it throw the RAM error code by removing it so it seems the board is good but I can't make it display to the external monitor. Seriously guys I'm stumped.

P.S
The problem was caused my a liquid spill across the keyboard btw

Advertisements

foxdogface

foxdogface

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
For S**** and giggles I went ahead and redid the thermal paste just to see if that was the cause. No bueno, Also I can't use the D key to get to the screen test that should be there for dell laptops no? As in it should be beeping but it's not?